Yet ANOTHER new music thread

bunglehead

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

a friendly lumberjack gave us a ride recently....had about a 100 years worth of facial hair, complimented by sprouting leaves 'n twigs 'n stuff. nice fellow...waved & waved as we drifted away in our boat. we all wanted to know whose smokey voice we'd been listening to in his rig...a local girl: Tamara Rhodes. i went to virgin records on robson the day that i got back to discover they'd shut down. i suspect the bigger stores don't carry it anyway.

http://www.cdbaby.com/tamararhodes

A belated "discovery" of Mission of Burma was well worth it. Pretty multifaceted stuff; some of it's kind of trippy, some of it sounds like the Circle Jerks, and Talking Heads, and Fugazi, but it works. Interesting stuff.

And those Ramones are a real fun-times kick in the pants. Latest acquisition: Rocket to Russia. There's no stoppin' the cretins from hoppin'! Too bad that misanthrope Johnny's the only one left, what with Tommy out of the band long ago, and the various replacement members all faker than naugahyde. Using Blitzkrieg Bop to sell mobile phones...ugh! hellno3d.gif

Sorry Doc, Johnny died in 2004. I suppose one could revive the band with nothing but drummers, and that short term bass guy who replaced Dee Dee towards the end. rolleyes.gif

Here's the recently unveiled statue for his tomb, commissioned by his loving wife. Isn't she the one he stole from Joey, generating decades of enmity?

johnnystat.jpg

Okay...Howzabout some good headphone records?

you know, as good as "Sticky Fingers" sounds in cans?

(That's music slang for headphones, in case you don't know)

you know, music that is textured, and 3 dimensional yet still organic, music that isn't compressed all to shit?

Stuff that's catchy and not stoo-pid? confused.gif