Favorite Climb

TeleRoss

I'm sure there are numerous threads about this already, but with the recent "5 worst" thought it'd be nice to talk about everyone's favorite climb.

So....what is your all time favorite?

I'd say mine's got to be the Beckey-Chouinard on South Howser....mmmmm good.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say mine's got to be the Beckey-Chouinard on South Howser....mmmmm good.

OOh, me too... or maybe northeast ridge of bugaboo spire... or maybe west ridge of pigeon spire... or maybe mctech arete... or maybe surfs up on snowpatch... or maybe...

excuse me, but i think this sorta thread is reserved for the 5 months out of the year where's its continously fuk'n pouring outside!

my favorite of the summer was nooksack tower, cuz mike's so cuddly when the bivy's surronded by instant death...

Is this the thread where everyone posts the hardest climb they've ever done, then declares it their "favorite" one so they can get away with a free chestbeat?

For bonus points you can mention how even though you've done Astroman, Free Salathe, the Complete Pickets Enchainment, Hummingbird Ridge, Nemesis, Cryophobia, The Epitaph, Magic Line, freed CobraCrack and one-hanged Zenyatta Mondatta, Diedre will always be your favorite climb. This makes you seem human to the little people. hahaha.gif

In that case, my favorite climb is called "Shit Infection" It's a mega-hard ultra-shit-yourself testpiece on Around the Wayback Buttress. Characterized by steep drytooling on frozen moss and tied off loose blocks for pro. Belays were on #0 RP's and half-in talons. If we had tools and 'poons it might have been M9 R, but in rock shoes and wool gloves it was nothing less than a horror show. Thank god there was a sheep at the top.