Lower Malamute Shotcreted!

EWolfe

Well, you guys will have plenty to get your knickers in a bunch about for the next few years since the BC gov't is blasting rock and shotcreting cliffs widening the road for the Olympics.

Face it folks. The railroad asked you to stay off the tracks (for good reason) and you failed to do so.

Lame.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is rather ironic that after all the theoretical babble about how excessive modern bolting will reduce access due to the horrors of impact perceived by land managers, it's actually a trad climber that gets an exceptional crag ruined and obliterated for life. Never mind merely closed....

Do you want to get in the office pool on how long it take for those local boys to show up with a hydrolic rock drill and drill pockets and retrobolt the place? (check out the back of the big boulders up there for that effect).

Next will come route names, bolt on sport holds and rubber ground cover to make it safe.

Miller said:

So for the rest of you who may be as stressed as I was about it...well, I just dont know if I'd believe it just yet...

Rumors?

Ding ding ding ding! We have a winner! MisterE gets the troll of the month award, bravo wave.gif To make it perfectly clear, our exclusive CC.com northern correspondent reports that the lower Malabute HAS NOT BEEN SHOTCRETED. We now return you to your regularly scheduled internet programming, the fundraising Sprayathon for Jon and Timmy's kids.

fruit.giffruit.giffruit.gif

Actually, they are talking about shotcreting the lower malamute, but it hasn't been done yet. tongue.gif

Now, about that new Smith Rock Guide... wave.gif

You jerk! I was just climbing onto a tall chair with a noose around my neck when I read that this whole thing was a hoax. boxing_smiley.gifboxing_smiley.gif