Wanted - Belayer!

carolyn

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glenn has locked the site down well. You guys post your nonsense on another site. Just 'cause you think you're better, doesn't mean you are. I found someone here that is serious and willing to climb Rainier with me. The rest of you bozos can buzz off.

Geez Louise, don't get too upset there Chaps you might pop a blood vessel or something. We don't need to post to get our jollys at your expense, we'll just repost your assine comments. I love your ingenuity and enthusiasm, you must really, really like climbing and http://www.minnesotaclimbing.com/index.p...sc&start=15

Imagine all the time you'll save not having to change your clothes or stop for lunch. Who could have ever thought of polypro under polyester? yelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gif

"Sweet! I'll plan on having my climbing & camping stuff packed in my car, and I'll wear my climbing clothes under my shirt & tie for an easy parking lot change. If I'm lucky, there'll even be a little reception so I won't have to worry about lunch on the way."

HCL.gifHCL.gifHCL.gifHCL.gifHCL.gifHCL.gifHCL.gifHCL.gifHCL.gif

Hi. My name is Thinker, and I haven't climbed in Minnesota for over 10 years now.

I took my fist drink...er, no, my first time climbing was with a midwestern university group and we climbed at Blue Mounds in SW MN. It's a rugged band of cliffs with a gnarly approach blighted by slide alder, no that was just the hangover...it's a pretty little band of cliffs with tons of tourist traffic. Nice single pitch routes on Sioux Quartzite, most are easily toproped, and I didn't see a single bolt there back then.

The hard core climbers actually cross the state line into South Dakota (where the strip clubs serve alcohol and the sheep are used to the likes of CPB) and hit another part of the same rock band that's exposed in a little place called Pallisades Park.

Don't miss the cultural experience of the nearby Pipestone Monument if you do go to Blue Mounds...killer stealth bouldering there. I should dig up the photos of that trip...there are acutally some hottie college coed shots I should revisit.

On my last visit to Blue Mound I ran across a couple of nerds from Minneapolis (Chaps was likely one of them) who told me they were "practicing falling". They were intentionally taking 15 and 20 foot top rope falls to see what it felt like. After watching them take 3 or 4 of them I sauntered away, hoping to be beyond earshot before their rope used up all of its stretch and snapped.

Another classic Blue Mounds experience was this dude who sent his girlfriend up a toprope with absolutely no coaching or education. She got about 30 feet off the ground, tired out, couldn't/wouldn't go on, but couldn't bear to let go...she was terribly afraid and crying loudly. My gf at the time soloed up to her and pried her fingers off the rock one by one until Ms Crier swung free... screaming like a banshee all the way. GF soloed back down and we beat another hasty retreat so as to avoid the inevitable domestic violence.

Hmmm....now that I think about it, it reminds me alot of X38 without the bolts.

this just in....

Inbox :: Message

To: jitterjepp

Posted: Jun 10, 2005 - 01:57 PM

Subject: crap posts Quote message

jitt:

there was a couple of new users that signed up yesterday and began posting crap all over... do you mind if i delete your response? i'm trying to clean up after them.

thanks.

-=glenn=-

a moderator asking before deleting something blush.gif those Minisotans are sure polite!

Make him ask two more times before you say yes.

this just in....

Inbox :: Message

To: jitterjepp

Posted: Jun 10, 2005 - 01:57 PM

Subject: crap posts Quote message

jitt:

there was a couple of new users that signed up yesterday and began posting crap all over... do you mind if i delete your response? i'm trying to clean up after them.

thanks.

-=glenn=-

a moderator asking before deleting something blush.gif those Minisotans are sure polite!

Make him ask two more times before you say yes.

I'm going out and getting good and drunk. It's Friday night and heavy drinking and whoring around are in order. Besides I want to be in top form when I reply to the Honorable Shogun web master. This is nothing to mess around with. I could lose it all.

Keep it clean and on topic, or else you'll be the next to go.

I can't believe you guys haven't deleted my posts yet. Who runs this board anyway? I'm going climbing this weekend. You guys have fun on your board. What a joke!

I can't believe you guys haven't deleted my posts yet.

Why?

Twelve pages in a day?! You've been immortalized here - faaaaar from bannination. Shoot... I'm thinking you can get away with waaaaaay more stuff than the rest of us mere mortals around here, before you get banned.

Delete posts? Never here.

Keep it clean and on topic, or else you'll be the next to go.

I can't believe you guys haven't deleted my posts yet. Who runs this board anyway? I'm going climbing this weekend. You guys have fun on your board. What a joke!

Chaps - I would apologise for everybodys behavior, but we all know you are really Dru.

Of course, so are about 1/2 of the Avatars on this site.

People in the NW are really different than Minnisotans. Minnisotans are nice.

If you really aren't Dru, I'm sure nobody wishes you any harm, sorry some of the folks here stirred up a ruckus over there, it's probably just boredom. Its been raining some lately and if people can't go climbing they like to talk about it. I will say that if you look around this site: you will notice that the heading for this thread is "spray". Like spray from ones mouth. It might not have anything to do with anything: even climbing. Maybe that will help explain it for you.

Anyway, good climbing, and luck on Rainier:

Bill

bigdrink.gif

This thread keeps going!

To Thinker: "I sauntered away..." Nice prose. That was a hilarious recollection. rockband.gif

Thanks, Bungle.

Hell, the memories keep resurfacing, just like bad acid flashbacks.

The first time I ever saw anyone lead climb was at Blue Mounds. This 35 to 40 year old yarmulke wearing guy outfitted with a couple sets of nuts and some knotted slings started up this little 5.6 route. He climbed about 5 feet up, prattled on about how bad the crack looked for taking pro, finally wiggled in a little nut he was happy with, made 2 more moves, stuffed a knot on one of his slings into the crack...bitched for another 20 minutes about the pro, made another move, fiddled with a nut hitched directly to a sling (no biner), all the while talking shit....you get the picture.

I watched that off and on for an hour and a half while we top roped nearby and was very confused. To top it off, the guy's 15 year old son who was all harnessed up and ready to climb had to endure the whole charade with the proper amount of feigned interest. We called up the 10 feet to Pops and asked if the boy could climb on our rope. The kid was grateful and we earned our karma points that day.

I've occasionally wondered if that kid continued to climb. Chaps, was that you?

Wow...so I brought my laptop home this weekend and could get back on the Mini-climb site...how freak'in boring!! I can't believe they kicked us off the site! We had to be the most entertainment they've had in for-ever!! No wonder Chaps has been hanging out here so much!! I would too if my home town climbing site was that lame! LAME!! Man, it all just makes me love CC that much more! I LOVE YOU GUYS!!