Climbing knife?

undermind

Hey, what climbing knife do you guys prefer?

Looking for one with clip-in capabilities like the Petzl Spatha. And also one that you can open with one hand and locks in the open position. I did see a Gerber Chameleon knife in the $45 range, but it's more than double the weight.

Any others?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting question!

1. I like my knives to be sharp, so get a sharp one.

2. When I'm touching my void, I like something that slices through rope like butter. Go with something serrated.

3. That clip-on business is over rated. You can always get one that ties onto a string.

4. The Buck-Whittaker line of knifes are where its at for climbing knifes if you have a knife fetish. They're designed by Peter Whittaker and an entire staff of moutain guides!

Knives for climbing? Must be minimal and functional.

Small blade: Clearing out old webbing wads on raps.

Scissors: For first aid, flapper maintenence, tape/nail trimming.

Tweezers: For assisted Tick removal

All in one small negligible package: (cheap too)

0-6203.jpg

I had a spyderco clip-it...very light and compact. I kept it clipped to my shoulder strap. it's somewhere on the Longs pass trail now after it fell off. It did have a laynard hole that I should have tied a cord too as a back up. The buck knife is bigger and heavier, for sure.

When I'm in the wilderness, I don't cary a knife because of the four legged animals; I carry it because of the two-legged animals." - the Project Grizzly guy

I thought it was " I never go in to the woods with out my bowie."

that one sits right next to Pumping Iron by Arnie

which leads to my next two favourite quotes " Milk is for babies, men drink beer" - A. Schwarzenegger

or : " Pumping iron is like cumming for me, so Im cumming at the gym Im cumming on stage, Im cumming all the time, hahha" A. Schwarzenegger

" Pumping iron is like cumming for me, so Im cumming at the gym Im cumming on stage, Im cumming all the time, hahha" A. Schwarzenegger

"We used to go out into the forest and do squats and then we would eat sausage and drink beer and then we screw our women"