Partners who lie...

swaterfall

...really suck.

"I've climbed Polar Circus". Actually you followed every hard pitch.thumbs_down.gif

"We're gonna do (this and that) route in the Canadian Rockies." Actually I'm gonna freeze my ass off watching you sew up 20 meters of WI 3- and lower you off of WI 3+. thumbs_down.gif

At least it's so cold now that climbing would suck anyway. thumbs_down.gif

I hope that someone out there is having fun right now.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably wouldn't spoon with you either, huh.

Does anyone else remember that thread where the two people who met here went to squamish and had some sort of meltdown, and raged at each other online about how much each other sucked and were incapable of climbing what they said they could? It was one of the most awesome hissy fits here ever...

I can't agree with you more... suck! It’s funny looking in the partners wanted forum right today and I see at least a few fluffed climbing abilities being advertised. And I wouldn't know any better unless my path had crossed theirs at some point.

Generally I tend to ask very specific questions:

What are some of the harder routes you've done? Why? Which pitches did you lead? What pitches did you follow? What is the hardest route you have bailed off of? Why did you bail? What is your climbing background? Where did you acquire your climbing skill set? Who else from the site have you climbed with? Do you know how to belay escape/lower someone? Have you practiced it? What first aid/avy/etc training do you have? What expectations do you have for this climb? What expectations do you have of me as a partner?

And generally even after that I only commit to routes/climbs I know I could ropegun every pitch and bail easily if necessary. After a few test climbs then I feel comfortable going after the more committing routes with them.

And always make sure to ask: to you have any allergies? are you on any meds? do you have any medical conditions I should know about?

hey swaterfall, kailas called me the other day and told me you were not having a very good trip. that is seriously lame. and in such an awesome place to be. can't say i've been there exactly, but i feel your pain. hope your winter's going well otherwise. kailas said he was snowed in town. i would say it sucks to be stuck in a place where there's so much snow you can't ski it ... but i'm not gonna because i'm stuck in a place where there isn't enough and i think that's a much worse problem!

Sorry d00ds I was just venting after a few beers. My brother got an earful last night too.

The skiing has been off_the_heezy this trip so that's been good but I had planned on doing more climbing.

I've decided to make the best of it 'cause it just won't do to be in a hissy for the next week.

I can't agree with you more... suck! It’s funny looking in the partners wanted forum right today and I see at least a few fluffed climbing abilities being advertised.

And always make sure to ask: Can you belay 5.12? do you have any allergies? are you on any meds? Will you share?

Do you spoon at bivys, or at least come prepared with hot chicks and booze? Do you have your own velcro gloves? ?

blush.gifblush.gif

I can't agree with you more... suck! It’s funny looking in the partners wanted forum right today and I see at least a few fluffed climbing abilities being advertised. And I wouldn't know any better unless my path had crossed theirs at some point.

Generally I tend to ask very specific questions:

What are some of the harder routes you've done? Why? Which pitches did you lead? What pitches did you follow? What is the hardest route you have bailed off of? Why did you bail? What is your climbing background? Where did you acquire your climbing skill set? Who else from the site have you climbed with? Do you know how to belay escape/lower someone? Have you practiced it? What first aid/avy/etc training do you have? What expectations do you have for this climb? What expectations do you have of me as a partner?

And generally even after that I only commit to routes/climbs I know I could ropegun every pitch and bail easily if necessary. After a few test climbs then I feel comfortable going after the more committing routes with them.

And always make sure to ask: to you have any allergies? are you on any meds? do you have any medical conditions I should know about?

yellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifnow this is a funny post...

I don't see how you can beat just going to local crag with someone and climbing something. There are general skills and then there is climbing ability, you can make an assessment just by observing in some semi-controlled conditions...and also just by their attitude. But determining whether you're going to climb with someone just by interrogating them doesn't seem to be great way to start off a friendship of the most funnest. I would think someone with allergies would know it and be concerned for thier own life and let you know?