EWolfe

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is this a caption contest? yellaf.gif

"Hello! Come here me pretty! Hello! No....me beak ain't sharp! Hello! Give us a peck! Hello! Give us a peck! Ohhh....time for a shotgun wedding! Hello!"

EDIT: Oh, and BTW MisterE, that is one good looking bird!

Edited by olyclimber

if it was Distel there'd be random still-lifes of water drains and chainlink fences at dusk, maybe one with the post-apocalyptic glow from a fluorescent light thrown in for good measure.

word. the fence was pre-sunrise though biatch......aren't all still lifes random? I love taking pictures....

E did his homework, made a young college student proud.

HAPPY BDAY SUCKA! rockband.gifrockband.gifhahaha.gifrockband.gifrockband.gif

Ah, yes. The Alpinist syndrome... tongue.gif

Yep, da wut. Feggin' doctor wanted to take, in total, SIX toes off (all of 'em off the right foot, big toe off left foot). After Sawbones recovered from the shock of me telling him "no" ("My God, no one has had the temerity to actually say that word to me before...") I asked some pertinent questions and: took three months off from work, was gifted plenty of under-the-counter "anesthetics" from friends, mushsmile.gif

...and waited to see what would fall off. crazy.gif

Toward the end, I grew tired of waiting. So, one sunny April morning, sitting in the open doorway of a trailer, with a friend's knife in hand (the tip of which had been laboriously sharpened on ceramic sticks), I cut off the two toes that had given up the ghost; by that time, they were hanging only by tendons. Even still, I found out one has to be careful when you go rootin' around inside body joints with a sharp knife under these circumstances. shocked.gif Yeah, one side is dead, but the other side is as alive as it ever was... and the live side lets you know in no uncertain terms it has been offended with nerves screaming of fire and vessels weeping red fluid.

This forum being lousy with alpinistas, there's a better than average chance that someone, sometime, will be faced with a similar predicament: full-thickness frostbite, not thrilled with doctors guessing what and how much they should blithely cut off, wanting to keep as much as you can, and not wanting to bump Mommy and Daddy for the thousands of bucks to pay Sawbones to have his/her way with your digits (my predicament at that time) - thought I'd tell of this alternative. It involves studious attention to two-a-day Betadine cleansings, goldenseal poultices, private acquisition of more powerful pain analgesics than the Tylenol 3 the doctor will give you, and the willingness to dirtbag it for a few months. PM or email me if and when you need the goods (beta)... I'll hook you up the best I can.

Loc: Blotter Is My Spotter :P

"Praise the Lord and pass the mescaline" - Willis Alan Ramsey

WOW, mannn... look at the pretty multi-colored bird, dude!cantfocus.gifcantfocus.gifcantfocus.gif