Alpiners Anonymous: PDX dry tool night

John Frieh

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Super, can you bring 2 ropes (I only brought one) and well meet at Silver bullet. Jimmy o needs some easier stuff to warm up on.

Ujhan is a maybe, Stan is a no and Andrew is lost in America somewhere.

Soooo, it will look like a Geriatric ward or a Grecian Formala "before" picture with us 3 is what I'm saying.

How about tonight?

BTW, small aside, after ribbing JH to bring his harness and not forget it again, I forgot both my harness AND my fri*ggan shoes, reminding me once again to just sit down and STFU! :lmao:

Had some decent laps anyway with Jimmy O, JH and Scheissemi. The shoes weren't sticking too well....

But I have them in the pack today....at least I hope so anyway.

Do you guys usually go out on T/Th, Bill? I really want you to show me that traverse where I can practice footwork, holds. Right now I'm at Timberline waiting for mr. rmncwrtr to come down so I'm guessing I won't be able to make it today since he'll be too tired to watch the kids.

Do you guys usually go out on T/Th, Bill?

Hi Melissa: I like to go on T-Th cause it gives my aching old ass time for muscle recovery between pumps and for the weekend. I am pretty flexible. I can canel or reschedule my wine drinking bouts for other days if M-W- (sorry F is booked: date night wif my lady) is better.

I really want you to show me that traverse where I can practice footwork, holds. Right now I'm at Timberline waiting for mr. rmncwrtr to come down so I'm guessing I won't be able to make it today since he'll be too tired to watch the kids.

I want to show it to you too. It's a 3 tiered full meal deal too, not just one thing. It's supersecret though. It use to be that only I ever jumped on it, and now that number of users is up to approx 30,000 people as near as I can tell, and all but 29,990 of them chalk the hell out of every 5.2 move that is 6" off the ground on it.

So don't spoil it by sharing:-)

Send me a PM when you are free and have time and I'll give you the full 3 min. tour. For sure the Mr will be beat today. Course you could easily and safetly bring the kids along: it's one of the great things about it.....

ummmmmmm (sensitive mode)

What kinds of stuff do you climb?

How long have you been climbing?

Have you climbed with anyone on this site previously?

ummmmmmm (failing sensitive mode)

I don't tend to climb with people till they've been out for a couple of good years.

No worry. I think it was my first post. I appreciate the invite but didn't see it until now. Hope you had fun. I coaxed my brother into climbing at Carver last night.

You going Tuesday?

Hope so.

BTW, it said "stranger" under your name up there. I didn't know ... could it be you are misspelling your name Jeff? :lmao: Anyway, you've got 4 posts now and will soon be competeing with Kevin E there who has....mmmmmm, wow.... lots. 4780? Must be a misprint...or he must be gettin paid by the hour or the post. I only get a monthly check for this stuff.

I was out with Kyle last Feb. Here he is posing on the left with Mike the Loggers chainsaw there with the dawg: Friggan Mike can make that saw hum...damn impressive. Kyle_mike_and_chainsaw.jpg

Anyway, we only got a single lap up Toothpick before we got burned out. Ujhan brought his Grigri so we could dog it but it wasn't needed as it turned out. Although U did crank the 11a crux and then burnt out on the upper crack and hung (truth in advertising) .

Did some laps on Blueberry Jam and that sweet arete to the right to warm up and down as well.

Thursday may work for me if the weather cooperates, Bill. I'll shoot you a pm next week! Thanks. And have fun on your date night :)

SHHHHHHSH, date night? [font:Arial](I don't really date as I'm married. Please forget I brought that up as I don't need the girlfriend pissed at me[/font]).

But I was serious about bringing the crumb-crunchers. Pretty sweet and obvious one you spy it. I'm in and out all weekend, if you find yerself at home....PM me.