snugtop

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

first ascent

If that's Concepcion (which I think it is) I bagged it two years ago moon.gif. If its Maderas, Its all yours. Either way, if your interested in climbing one, the other or both, I can tell you where to find a guy that will draw you an amazingly detailed map of the route. Otherwise, you'll have to pay a guide to drag you up. BTW, they dont believe in switch-backs on Ometepe. They can be very environmentally unfriendly in those parts.

first ascent

If that's Concepcion (which I think it is) I bagged it two years ago moon.gif. They can be very environmentally unfriendly in those parts.

So what you are saying is that it is not an immaculate Concepcion? laugh.gif (You may have to be Catholic to think that's funny.)

"Charles Gerba, of the University of Arizona in Tucson, reported on the work of a team that checked on one of the greatest fears attending use of the disposables: that they could preserve, alive, hordes of disease-causing organisms. Certainly many live germs leave the human body via feces, but no one knew how they fared in diapers buried in landfills.

The team exhumed more than 200 soiled diapers from landfills in New York, Florida, and Arizona. They tested fecal samples from each diaper for an array of common disease organisms, from viruses to parasites (including Giardia, a nasty little beast that lurks in some of Alaska's clear streams). They found not a single live pathogen...

Franklin Associates, of Prairie Village, Kansas, undertook an environmental audit in which they attempted to compare all costs associated with disposable diapers against those for cloth diapers. They looked at diaper manufacturing, packaging, disposal or washing, and associated products, such as plastic overpants and pins. They tried to put good numbers on everything they could verify.

Disposables came out, so to speak, on top. Over the course of a year of diapering one baby, disposables take about half as much energy as cloth diapers (the equivalent of 53 gallons of gasoline). They use up one-quarter as much water (still a substantial 2,570 gallons), generate half as much air pollution (16 pounds of combustion products), and produce only one-seventh of the water pollution (3 pounds)."

The team exhumed more than 200 soiled diapers from landfills in New York, Florida, and Arizona. They tested fecal samples from each diaper for an array of common disease organisms, from viruses to parasites.

Thanks ScottP!! my job seems so much better after reading that.

job_stinks.jpg