Hey Dino Rossi....

Dave_Schuldt

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's still a statistical tie, but ya know, somebody has to win, even if it's only by one vote. Gregoire and the Dems followed all the procedures, and at the end they/she won. It could have gone the other way.

It's funny that when he was ahead, Dino encouraged Chris to concede for the sake of the electorate and the election process, and was stridently against any sort of re-canvassing of votes. Now that he's on the other side, he wants re-canvassing of votes, now that he does not like the results, he want's a redo. Pretty fuckin lame.

Dino, somebody had to lose, and you're it. Sure it's tough to lose by so little, but hey man, grow up.

I'm hoping that unlike dubya, Chris won't interpret her squeeker of an election as a mandate, because it WAS a statistical tie.

Everything the Dems did was within the state election laws to do. If Gregoire had been ahead after the initial tally, then the State Republican party would have done the exact same thing. I also believe that if Gregoire were in Rossi's shoes, she'd be doing the same thing. So there.

Democrat or Republican, they're both politicians. Just as the Dems have to live with W's "victory" in 2000 and his subsequent re-election, the republicans have to live with this outcome.

Give it up, you got beat by a girl! Your such a cry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gif

Saying Rossi's a crybaby because the hand recount changed the result, and he didn't have a single objection until the result was no longer going his way is legit, but saying nyah nyah nyah you got beat by a girl is about as lame as Donald Trump telling Andy he got outdebated by TWO WOMEN when he fired him on "The Apprentice."

Put your misogyny in your pants next to the tube sock, it will look better there than on your sleeve, ya doof. rolleyes.gif

Give it up, you got beat by a girl! Your such a cry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gif

Saying Rossi's a crybaby because the hand recount changed the result, and he didn't have a single objection until the result was no longer going his way is legit, but saying nyah nyah nyah you got beat by a girl is about as lame as Donald Trump telling Andy he got outdebated by TWO WOMEN when he fired him on "The Apprentice."

Put your misogyny in your pants next to the tube sock, it will look better there than on your sleeve, ya doof. rolleyes.gif

people who have a jerky knee when it comes to misogyny (or their perceptions thereof) probably shouldn't be watching reality-TV shows. rolleyes.gif

....or TV in general, for that matter.

Article on the front page of this morning's Times shows how crappy the parties have become. The Secretary of State, Sam Reed is a Republican. The state Republican party is pissed that (my interpretation) he put state law above the goals of the party!

As usual, my disclaimer is that if the shoes were on the other feet, the Dems would probably react the same.

Apparently Sam Reed has been ruffling the feathers of the Republican establishment in this state for sometime now.

At the same time he's gotten good reviews from people who know more about this stuff than I do. As a result he's the only Republican I actually voted for in the last election.

Seem like he's a politician with a disdain for politicing. A good man in general, hope he stays active in state poliyics.

as far as i recall, i didn't vote either way in the Sec. of State election last fall ... but Reed's predecessor, Ralph Munro, is one of the few Republicans I've ever voted for... he supposedly had/has good enviro. policies. And also, he gave me a job, one summer while i was in college! (not in state gov't tho... he hired me for landscaping work on his sweet waterfront property on Eld Inlet, near Olympia) grin.gif

From the Seattle Times (emphasis mine)

"Both parties have been unhappy with Reed at points in the recount.

At different times, each wanted the Secretary of State's Office to take a more forceful role in directing how county officials should conduct the recounts.

Democrats filed a lawsuit against Reed in the state Supreme Court. They wanted to force him to issue statewide standards for reviewing signatures on absentee ballots, for governing election observers and for requiring reconsideration of all ballots rejected in earlier counts.

In that case, Reed's attorneys sat with lawyers for Rossi and the Republican Party who had joined the case on Reed's side. They won, with the court unanimously rejecting the Democratic request.

Less than two weeks later, the stage was shuffled, and Reed's attorneys sat with the Democrats. They argued against a Republican request that King County be prohibited from reconsidering more than 700 ballots that officials said had been erroneously rejected.

Again, the court was unanimous, ruling this time against the Republicans."

When both parties get pissed off it is, I think, the sign of a fair arbiter. The fact that the courts unanimously agreed with him in both cases also indicates that he's following the law.

Unless, of course, it was those damn activist judges,...well except for the first time when they agreed with the Republicans Geek_em8.gif

Dead voted in governor's race

By PHUONG CAT LE AND MICHELLE NICOLOSI

The Seattle Post Intelligencer

USA - At least eight people who died well before the November general election were credited with voting in King County, raising new questions about the integrity of the vote total in the narrow governor's race, a Seattle Post-Intelligencer review has found.The evidence of votes from dead people is the latest example of flaws in an election already rocked by misplaced votes and allegations that there were thousands more votes counted than actual voters.

County officials say they are investigating the cases pointed out by the P-I. "These are not indications of fraud," said Bill Huennekens, King County's elections supervisor. "Fraud is a concerted effort to change an election."

The P-I review found eight people who died weeks before absentee ballots were mailed out, between Oct. 13 and 15, but were credited with voting in King County. Among them was an 81-year-old Seattle woman who died in August but is recorded as having voted at the polls.

Seattle PI