Eight Mile Rock: "Doin the Dishes"

scot'teryx

quote:

Originally posted by Winter:

Oh brother ... dissin' sport climbers is snobby but slab climbing on granite is "gay." Come on!! I think that guy spent at least four wekends trying to TR that slab.

What? Do you actually like scraping your way up blank slabs and skidding down them whenever you fall? Not fun! Plus, when did the Doctor say anything about granite? It's great stuff! Keeps all the uppity trad dogs away from the choice welded tuff! [geek]

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scott, the photo doesn't do much for me, but I can understand the inspiration. I've never seen anybody finish that TR, and those who have completed/attempted the moves probably aren't giving you any shit. I can't identify the climber in the photo, but I heard a rumor that he puffs in the Muir hut.

[ 08-12-2002, 11:42 AM: Message edited by: pope ]

quote:

Originally posted by trask:

How was your weekend in the gym, DFA? Boogie down to some techno vibes and canned sunshine? HEHEHE

Trip Report:

Dr. Flash Amazing will have you know that he was cruising around central Oregon this weekend with the lovely and capable Nurse Wongo at his side, taking care of business like BTO. Indeed, he headed down to Eugene and then through the Cascades via the technical and demanding Santiam/McKenzie route.

Zipping by Three Fingered Jack at about 70 per, the Doctor actually thought of you alpos slogging up one of the Jack's many off-vertical choss buttresses, and plowing slowly up its talused flanks, boots slowly filling with pebbles. 'Twas a fine alpine excursion; windows up, AC on, punk rock assaulting the eardrums.

Following a brief stop at the 7th Street Brewery in Dreadmond, the Doctor and NW headed for the Smith Rock area to see what the deal was. After this detour, it was back to the glorious open road, i.e. Highway 97, leading to 26 and over the flanks of the majestic and dangerous Mt. Hood.

Upon arriving at the casa de Amazing, the Doctor proceeded to while away the remainder of the weekend accompanied by some tasty white port, breaking from the couch only for a trip to the cinema with Nurse Wongo. (Star Wars, Ep. II is almost worth two bucks at the Bagdad, but not quite.)

Delightful.

[ 08-12-2002, 03:28 PM: Message edited by: Dr Flash Amazing ]

The third person self-reference is just one of the many facets of Dr. Flash Amazing's personality. DFA is not on so much of a simple ego trip, per se, as he is retired from the day-in, day-out drag that is humility. Dr. Flash Amazing lives ego, my friend; lives it! Of course, along with his ego is his selfless desire to help those in need and contribute unendingly to the betterment of society at large.

In short, Dr. Flash Amazing is a complex man, and trying to comprehend him, like trying to comprehend the seemingly infinite vastness of the cosmos, will likely leave you slack-jawed and drooling. [Eek!]

[ 08-12-2002, 04:06 PM: Message edited by: Dr Flash Amazing ]

quote:

Originally posted by Dr Flash Amazing:

will likely leave you slack-jawed and drooling.
[Eek!]

i thought slack jawed kinda related to inbred and un-intelligent.

then again i am fat and slow, so maybe i will just eat more to keep myself from more babling.

I've tried that damn route so many times with no success. [Frown] Stood under it with that great picture of Jim Yoder wearing his stylin' mesh baseball hat, white socks, and Toughskins.

I think I have an old Caterpillar hat I'll wear next time. Is that aid??

Glad to hear someone else actually climbed it.

Drew

quote:

Originally posted by Drew Jones:

My bad!! Should have known better, but come on, I'm only a Wanker.
[Razz]

Look on the bright side another 31 posts and you'll be a horsecock lover... I mean 31 posts is nothing, that takes me like 10 minutes [Razz]

quote:

Originally posted by Dru:

another 31 posts and you'll be a horsecock lover...

Back to the topic at hand, excellent! Thank you Scott'safety Research for another excellent sprayfest.

-

[ 08-12-2002, 04:59 PM: Message edited by: iain ]

quote:

Originally posted by Dru:

quote:

Originally posted by Drew Jones:

My bad!! Should have known better, but come on, I'm only a Wanker.
[Razz]

Look on the bright side another 31 posts and you'll be a horsecock lover... I mean 31 posts is nothing, that takes me like 10 minutes
[Razz]
you should be ashamed of yourself [laf]

quote:

Originally posted by gapertimmy:

LMAO, this post made my day

thanks again scotty t, YOU are the reason I pay $$ to run this site.

IMHO, DFA, third person getting old brah!

Bah! DFA will always refer to himself in the third person. It's not just some cheap gimmick, sir, it is an integral part of the Dr. Flash Amazing whole.

Lo siento mucho, hombre.