Feathered friends or freaks?

cephasclimbs

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A good friend and climbing buddy of mine was literally stared down by the skinny geeky looking long haired guy behind the counter.

BTW? That's my good friend Todd, you ass. moon.gif

It would be preferred if you went to REI from now on. Thanks. wave.gif

(Don't let the bastards get you down, King Buzzo)

Ok, I had my preconceived about this place. I expected them to be pompas and arrogant at first. Unfortunately, I have had similar experiences with other specialty climbing shops in the area, but not the case here. I went in on Sunday with my entire family (Mom Dad Brother, Sister and SO's) and we were treated great. Not sure what his name was but he had blonde hair a kick ass pair of sideburns! He helped us with all our questions (primarily on glacier glasses). He really knew his stuff and was very down to earth. We bought 2 pairs of the Julbo Nomad X4's. Thanks Mr. Burns!

I also bought a pair of Atomic Beta Ride 9.22's from a guy at FF a few years ago (not sure if he was the owner or some sort of upper management, but was one of the two). I picked them up at their factory. They were great and they even gave me and my bro a tour of the factory! I'll be back. Especially now that I see that the prices for everyday items are at par with near by competitors. I would say give them a shot again, if they piss you off twice go somewhere else.

If I wanted to get hasseled left andf right I'd just go to REI.

I couldn't even get hassled at REI one evening just before closing - I had to wait for 15 minutes for this guy to get off the phone with his girlfriend just so I could exchange a pack. I'll take the small shop over Wal-Mart anyday.

• 5 months later...
The other day me and a friend went to check out some crampons at feather friends. I do not know what kind of experience most of you have had at this store, but in case you haven't I have to say that some of the rudest, most arrogant people work at that store.

A good friend and climbing buddy of mine was literally stared down by the skinny geeky looking long haired guy behind the counter. Now I realize Seattle has some freaks, but give me a break. This store absolutely has some of the worst customer service in the world. Not to mention the people. Id take REI any day.

Just thought I'd bring this thread up again since I had a less than enjoyable experience at FF the other day. I have generally had good experiences with these folks. Not worth recounting the details, but the other day the salesperson there was not only rude but completely fucking clueless. Atleast the people at REI are friendly.

Funny thing about this place. I've had some extremely good customer service experiences, then I've had some bad ones as well. Although I will say that when we ordered a really expensive tent and it came in damaged, they solved the problem quickly and handled everything very well and were freindly to boot!

I saved about two bills last night making some major equip. upgrades (new tools, new ropes). I e-mailed earlier in the week, and asked them to advance me the sales prices because I'd be in town Thursday night. No problem.

Service and selection rock. thumbs_up.gif Where else in town are you going to find an Ablakov hooker, anyways? You're lucky to find an ice axe at REI...

A few years ago a woman at the Redmond REI blushed when I said I was looking for an ice screw... tongue.gif

-t

I went to FF on Friday and got some new Freerides for $200. thumbs_up.gif

Since this was the pair of which one was on display, the template had gotten lost. No big deal, but I decided to mount them myself instead of paying for it, so I posted looking for a template. That night, one of the shop employees PMs me, tells me to come by and he'll mount em up for me. laugh.gif

So I go there, expecting to drop everything off and come back a few days later. Instead, Figger_Eight grabs my stuff, drags it into the back of the shop, and fifteen minutes later, I walk out ready for some snow.

If that isn't cool, I don't know what is. thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

A while back, I lost a pole basket. I go to REI, and after waiting forever, the clueless guy comes back with a life-link basket. rolleyes.gif I head to FF, and in two seconds I've found their spare baskets. thumbs_up.gif

And I like that the people there actually climb and ski, they aren't pushy, and they know what they're talking about. I also like a shop that carries the replacement parts for the gear they stock. thumbs_up.gif