Baby Smashers!

Stonehead

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, what's the deal Merv? You make fun of sport climbers, but babies are off limits?

Off-White: Yes. Killing babies is off limits. are you a parent? you think that crap is funny?

Stonehead: your reply speaks for itself. Have a nice day.

For once, i agree w/ dwayner/merv...

Ridiculous!

That's the whole point. Babies are so f-ing holy. It's not the real threat of harm. It's the whole idea of making fun of the holiness, just like that song by Monty Python, you know, the one about all sperm being sacred.

Pope, your sanctimonious geriatric reply speaks for itself. You and your American Taliban probably are the ones all up in arms about the Janet Jackson boob flop and who are pushing to throw Howard Stern off the air. You're gonna save us from ourselves, right? Restore a sense of decency to the airwaves and living rooms of America?

Ooowwww...sport climbing and profane baby jokes--the twin evil scourge haunting America.

Pope, your sanctimonious geriatric reply speaks for itself. You and your American Taliban probably are the ones all up in arms about the Janet Jackson boob flop and who are pushing to throw Howard Stern off the air. You're gonna save us from ourselves, right? Restore a sense of decency to the airwaves and living rooms of America?

Ooowwww...sport climbing and profane baby jokes--the twin evil scourge haunting America.

I don't think your "Baby Smashers" post is so terrible, just terribly stupid, in poor taste, and generally not funny. That you find it amusing is something for which you may wish to seek therapy.

Regarding Janet's boob flop, the point is that the Super Bowl is, in many homes, a family-oriented event. Football and professional sports in general are marketed toward kids, and kids deserve a childhood. Jantet showing her seasoned boobies served only perpetutate her dwindling career. Face it, she's another retread from the last decade. I find it amusing that anybody would want to see her naked, puzzling that anybody would defend her action. She's had every opportunity to show her flopping utters in an appropriate venue. I support her right to get naked for an adults-only medium; the half-time show at the Super Bowl isn't the right place. Stonehead, since she is obviously a source of arousal for you, I'm happy that you got to see her. I only hope that her action hasn't kindled in you a new desire for aged women that will find you lurking behind the hedge at the senior center.

Off-White: Yes. Killing babies is off limits. are you a parent? you think that crap is funny?

Yup, I am a parent, and I did think it was sort of funny. My kids thought it was funny too. It's funny precisely because it preys on a parent's worst fear, and as a modification applied to items in common use it has a long tradition. Sort of reminds me of that picture of a screw you could get to apply over the heart image on one of those "I heart chihuahuas" bumper stickers. Seems like most humor has something at it's core that someone finds offensive, it's just the way people are wired. It wouldn't be funny if everyone thought it was funny.

Brudah O-White says:

"It's funny precisely because it preys on a parent's worst fear..."

What an odd conclusion. That's exactly why it's NOT funny. Death of children, accidentally or intentionally, is about as unfunny as you can get. It is the most profound form of tragedy as any caring parent knows. Nor do I laugh at the rape, mutilation or abuse of the same. I recall a certain "avatar" who was kicked off cc.com a year or so ago for offering us a "joke" about raping a two year old. I would hope that any thoughtful adult would agree that this kind of humor is over the line. Babies ARE sacred, and kids deserve a safe and wholesome childhood, ideally devoid of violence and overexposue to adult vices.

More O-White: "Sort of reminds me of that picture of a screw you could get to apply over the heart image on one of those "I heart chihuahuas" bumper stickers."

I don't equate children with dogs of any size.

It's a relatively free country. No one has to agree with me, but I'm offering a perspective about which some might be clueless.

P.S. "Stonehead" mentioned Eddie Murphy, George Carlin, Lenny Bruce. If having a foul-mouth tickles your funny-bone, laugh away....it's the cheapest form of humor.

It's funny, but it'd be funnier if it weren't so badly done--it doesn't look enough like the actual ideographs that come with baby paraphernalia, some of which are hilariously gory. But at least we were reminded that Stonehead has some issues, and that Merv, despite his incessant joking in chat, has no functioning sense of humor.

Now THIS is what I call funny!:

PadPeople.jpg

People going bouldering! HA HA HA HI-LARIOUS!!!

yellaf.gif It's people going ... yellaf.gif going ... grin.gif they're going bo ... laugh.gif they're bouldering ... smile.gif it's funny because ... um ... blush.gif ... bouldering? confused.gif

Yeah, sure....it's a hilarious spectacle, a parade of countercultural types trampling through the brush bearing what appear to be Oprah-sized feminine napkins on their backs.

the devil's a hangdog

The devil or Liberace?

fey.jpg