Peeve thread

klenke

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

you know what i HATE! that fucking LOW CARB/HIGH PROTIEN CRAP. what the fuck is up with that atkins shit? if your a FATASS, dont eat as much, cant get more simple than that. you cant put on pounds you dont eat. let your body live on its reserves for a few days (or months depending on how many trips it takes you to haul ass) and it will come of quickley. Im sure this has been mentioned here before but i was to busy eating a bunless burger and butter to read the previous pages.

Bellevue crosswalks... just started a new job over there recently, and therefore am reluctantly getting to know the customs of that exotic, faraway land.

So check this out: unless you push the damn crosswalk-button when you want to cross the street, you DON'T get the walk signal (at a time when you normally would have in Seattle et.al.)! ...I'm saying, when the cars "going your direction" have a green, and the opposite direction does NOT have the turn arrow, you don't get the walk signal unless you had pushed the button before your direction went green. WTF?!?! madgo_ron.gif (and when that happened to me, this one time, the moron drivers turning right blasted right by me, didn't even think about letting me cross since I didn't have the signal.)

--Double_E, who loves his car to death but still believes in pedestrian-fuckin-rights-goddamit!!!

So far I see most people are peeved with traffic asshats and the asinine things they do. No surprise here.

What I want to hear about are those little things that annoy the crap out of us.

Here are another two:

7. Plastic Shower Curtains: why in the #$@*& can't these curtain manufacturers reinforce the holes at the top enough so that the weight and wear and tear don't eventually pull the rings (usually the end rings) through the plastic? Maybe they make them like this on purpose as an orchestrated plan to get us to buy more shower curtains. confused.gif

8. What in the $%#@ was the Microsoft programmer on the day he/she decided to make Control-Y the shortcut for the repeat function in Word? I mean, a shortcut is supposed to be an easier alternative to the pull-down route at the top of the screen--especially for something like the repeat function where rapid utilization of said function is commonplace. Yet, look at Control and Y on your keyboard. Can the two keys be farther away from each other? Can it be any more awkward to type? smirk.gif

7. Plastic Shower Curtains: why in the #$@*& can't these curtain manufacturers reinforce the holes at the top enough so that the weight and wear and tear don't eventually pull the rings (usually the end rings) through the plastic? Maybe they make them like this on purpose as an orchestrated plan to get us to buy more shower curtains. confused.gif

gonna let you in on a little secret here, my good fellow bachelor:

Target, Kmart, and your local "dollar store" aren't the only stores that sell shower curtains ya know!! yellaf.gif it IS possible to get quality ones that don't tear like that ... or so I hear. smirk.gif

In an ordinary shoe store in Prague I saw some street shoes styled to look like rock shoes. I don't want to be mainstream, dammit!!!! I always thought that the great thing about being a climber is that everyone else thinks you're a maladjusted freak. madgo_ron.gif

Aw shit here it goes, my list.

1. People that can't drive right main offense driving slow in the left lane and not using the car pool lane in rush even though they can.

2. Government

3. War

4. People that mame, kill, injure, rape, or physically harm or emotionally scar another person, they so suck.

5. People who posion the air I breathe with too much perfume or cologne.

6. Micro-managers.

7. Stale draft beer.

8. Herb being illegal.

9. Borders.

10. Larry da Tools

11. Malls

12. Commercials of all sorts, pop-ups, billboards, tv, radio, magazines.

13. 5 day work weeks

14. Country Western, Opera, and Musicals, everything else I can deal with.

Well that is about it, not too much bugs me.

3.) People who don't hold the elevator

people who expect others to hold the elevator. you didn't get to the elevator in time. fucking wait and inconvenience yourself, instead of delaying everyone else. another elevator will come.

just like drivers who realize they are in the wrong lane and come to a full stop, waiting to change into another lane. message to you: you made the mistake. you are in the wrong lane. deal with it and keep going and find a place to turn around, instead of making everyone else wait.

and you people in that lane the guy is trying to get to. he's got his flashers on. be nice and let him in!!!

therefore am reluctantly getting to know the customs of that exotic, faraway land.

So check this out: unless you push the damn crosswalk-button when you want to cross the street, you DON'T get the walk signal (at a time when you normally would have in Seattle et.al.)!

you just figured that one out? what did you think the button is for? not sure where you come from, but i would say that's normal operation... if you get an automatic walk signal like downtown seattle, then there wouldn't be a button.

another peeve: people who don't understand how "push to walk" buttons work, and keep pressing them over and over, wondering why the walk signal doesn't appear immediately. congratulations for demonstrating your stupidity.

2. People who premise a comment by saying "Now I'm not trying to (fill in the blank)...BUT," and then they go ahead and do what they just said they weren't trying to do.
People who know that parrhesia is the word that describes this kind of speech. grin.gif

For MisterE: people who complain about people who complain. ooo.gif

For Greenfork: I saw somewhere recently that quite a few of those walk buttons don't work, that they're merely placebos.

therefore am reluctantly getting to know the customs of that exotic, faraway land.

So check this out: unless you push the damn crosswalk-button when you want to cross the street, you DON'T get the walk signal (at a time when you normally would have in Seattle et.al.)!

you just figured that one out? what did you think the button is for? not sure where you come from, but i would say that's normal operation... if you get an automatic walk signal like downtown seattle, then there wouldn't be a button.

snaf.gif

in Seattle and most other cities and towns (of all sizes) around the US I've been to, the "Push To Walk" button is for one thing and one thing only: to make it so you get the walk sign ...... and the drivers waiting to go the same directin as you get green green light ...... SOONER.

in them other places, even if you never push the button it, you still get yer walk sign when the drivers get the green... not so in Bellevue. rolleyes.gif

not sure i'm familiar with this "automatic walk signal" youre referring to which some Seattle intersections have. controlled by motion detectors, are they?

what peeves me is pulling up to certain intersections on a bike and waiting for the light to give you the green. The metal mass of a bike isn't enough to trigger the pavement sensors, so you can wait interminably for a car to show up to turn the light green. This often is the case where low key streets intersect arterials. Makes me want to run the light... what also peeves me off is tickets while riding a bike go agains your driving record... that sucks!

I'm also pissed off at don't walk signs for pedestrians. I'm walking, i don't give a rats ass anymore.... if there are no cars, I'm crossing. I'm peeved to let cars right of way interfere with my right of way, there's something not right in this day and age with patiently waiting for the walk sign.

Oh, and grocery prices, and gas prices, and the administrations deft mishandling of energy, environmental, fiscal, and foreign policy, that all peeves me off too! madgo_ron.gif