Getting Banned

olyclimber

Can some old timer on this board (I've only been on for 9 months or so) run down the history of people who have been banned from this board and why? What do you have to do to get banned? Continuely post Spray in non-Spray forums? Physically threaten others? Just curious of why people who actually want to talk about climbing get banned, and other flamebait jerks get to post on. This is a climbing board, right? I have heard of Trask and Dwayner, and I have no idea if they were banned or just left. Then again, did Trask even climb? Thanks... bigdrink.gif

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Spray is for everything else (as in, it is for non-climbing banter)

there are probably 55 members (avatars) of banned camp. This means probably 3-5 people?

they were banned. once an avatar is banned, they can choose to log back in under a new avatar, and if they play by the rules, they are allowed to stay. If they log in and continue the behaviour that got them banned, then comes the dreaded IP ban.

new user

Yes, this is a climbing board, as I'm sure you've noticed, there is a whole list of climbing only topics in the main index. Spray is for fun, for rants, for political snarky-ness, for debates, and everything else you don't want to see in the rest of the forums... It is kind of a cc.com fixture, if you will. It sets us apart from some of the other climbing boards.

I think if you read all of trask's posts and all posts about him, compare and contrast those with Dru's posts, you'll get a good idea on what will get you banninated.

You could also consider the bannination and un banninating of Captain Caveman in your study so you should read his posts as well. Let us know what you conclude.

Chuck and Icegirl, thanks for the info.

"You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this BB to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this BB."

yelrotflmao.gif I guess that this isn't strictly enforced. Ah well, that is what makes it interesting, I guess.

basically, it just gives us the right to ban or clip just about anything/anyone we want, anytime we want, for whatever reason... wink.gif

You never know when it might happen evils3d.gif

i.e. Jon spills his coffee on his keyboard, trask gets banned... Minx wakes up on wrong side of bed GregW banned... It's a monday, icegirl bans the first person who annoys her...

I think if you read all of trask's posts and all posts about him, compare and contrast those with Dru's posts, you'll get a good idea on what will get you banninated.

You could also consider the bannination and un banninating of Captain Caveman in your study so you should read his posts as well. Let us know what you conclude.

OK, after I get done reading the Internet, I'll get on this. I'm sure it won't take but a hour or two to study the Masters of cc.com. HCL.gif

OK, after I get done reading the Internet, I'll get on this. I'm sure it won't take but a hour or two to study the Masters of cc.com. HCL.gif

yelrotflmao.gif

yelrotflmao.gif

Agreed... yelrotflmao.gif

And just to keep the confusion to a bare minimum....the term 'avatar' is used differently here at cc than on every other internet BB I've visited.

EVERYWHERE ELSE, the little picture under your name (like my Mona Lisa/happy face thing) is called your 'avatar', and the name you post under is called your 'screen name' or somesuch.

HERE, the 'avatar' is your screen name(s).

EVERYWHERE ELSE, the little picture under your name (like my Mona Lisa/happy face thing) is called your 'avatar', and the name you post under is called your 'screen name' or somesuch.

HERE, the 'avatar' is your screen name(s).

Maybe because we have more English majors here? Here's to education bigdrink.gif

drC

Sometimes you'll get banned because some moderator had a bad day and/or didn't get laid, and decides to take it out on you. Not that I'd know, of course..... hahaha.gif

You've only been banned half as much as you deserve.

that's b/c the sexy and studly moderators of this board are obviously getting laid way more than junior evils3d.gif