Hilarious new Shrub quote

chucK

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dang, I thought the title of this thread was "Hilarious new Shrub route" and I got all excited thinking I was going to see pictures of Klenke's element. frown.gif

So what's wrong with the above quote? Grammatically it seems okay. A little awkward perhaps. I'm assuming it is YOU who forgot the period. grin.gif

i·ro·ny(plural i·ro·nies)

noun

1. humor based on opposites: a type of humor based on using words to suggest the opposite of their literal meaning

2. something humorous based on contradiction: something said or written that uses sardonic humor

I thought it was funny that he was worried about people questioning his motives. I mean, he's thrown out three or four motives for his Iraq fiasco so far, each of which has been exposed as a bald-faced lie. Now he's trying to say this prisoner scandal is the thing making people question his motives. That's rich!

"Which motive 'zactly you talkin' 'bout there George?" yelrotflmao.gif

I like the idea of hilarious shrub route too Klenke! fruit.gif

I thought it was funny that he was worried about people questioning his motives. I mean, he's thrown out three or four motives for his Iraq fiasco so far, each of which has been exposed as a bald-faced lie. Now he's trying to say this prisoner scandal is the thing making people question his motives. That's rich!
Oooooooooh, now I get it. Aaaaa.... hahaha.gifhahaha.gifhahaha.gifhahaha.gifhahaha.gifyelrotflmao.gif...sigh.

He also said there would be a transparent investigation ...because democracy is about tranparency. Does that mean you're going to reveal who met in secret meetings to advise national energy policy, George?

Or, which foreign leaders besides Saddam support Kerry?

This one paragraph from the Slate article stands out for me as the single most important reason why Shrub is such a poor president. He doesn't carefully consider his decisions before he makes them. He'd serve the public just as well by rolling a pair of dice.

"A fourth and final quality of Bush's mind is that it does not think. The president can't tolerate debate about issues. Offered an option, he makes up his mind quickly and never reconsiders. At an elementary school, a child once asked him whether it was hard to make decisions as president. "Most of the decisions come pretty easily for me, to be frank with you." By leaping to conclusions based on what he "believes," Bush avoids contemplating even the most obvious basic contradictions: between his policy of tax cuts and reducing the deficit; between his call for a humble foreign policy based on alliances and his unilateral assertion of American power; between his support for in-vitro fertilization (which destroys embryos) and his opposition to fetal stem-cell research (because it destroys embryos). "

The main thing that bugs me about Kerry is that he says whatever his audience wants him to say. As such, you never know what he actually believes, or will do.

Though that crock of shit is at the same level as many anti-bush flash movies.

Anyone who wants the job should be aitomatically disqualified. They are all slimy. What gets me is how the right calls Democrats "Tax and spend" because of the social programs but they are willing to pay higher gas prices to filthy rich stock holders with no hope of ever seeing anything in return. Meanwhile the bill adds up in the form of deficits. OK. We aren't being taxed. So how is that deficit going to go away? Oh I know. The oil companies are going to volunteer to pay it down. Or maybe Haliburton?

If we vote in shrub again, we will be the moral sediment in the cesspool of the UN. Unfortunately, the only advantage to voting for Kerry is that the congress will still be Republican and we will start to see a "balance of power" as per design. Perhaps he won't be any better than Shrub but he can't possibly be any worse and he will have less power.