do you care?

minx

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like to smoke crack around my kids... I tell them they shouldn't, cuz they ain't old enough to know they shouldn't smoke crack.

It's a good parenting lesson... ya know, teaching them not to smoke crack and all that.

"There's a time and place for everything junior, so don't smoke crack til yer 15... and keep an eye out for the 5-0"

Isn't it just about manners? I mean, I wouldn't want to see a loving couple groping each other at the belay station, wouldn't want to hear someone discussing the runny boils on their genitals, wouldn't want to see somebody take a crap in plain view. Plain old social conventions make it so I don't have to see it and know not to do it. At the crag, though... some people climb just to get that fuck you world feeling.

social conventions are one thing arlen but what about the bogus class- and race-based Victorian era conventions that made Latin words "OK" (copulate, defecate, etc.) where good old Middle English (Shite, Fuck etc) are "vulgar". confused.gif

If you ask my kids they will tel you that grown ups get to do things tht kids do not get to do. Cussing is one of those things, along with drinking beer and staying up past 9 on a school night.

BEING A GROWN UP ROCKS!!

and yes I would cus infront of the people, not realy on purpose to offend I just have a tendency to yell "SHIT" when I am about to peal off blush.gif sometimes it focuses me and keeps me on the rock cool.gif

How is this any different than having an alcoholic beverage while in the presence of a minor?

Alright you vulgarians, let me spell it out for ya:

Minx is trying to teach her kid that there are times to swear and times to not swear, and then she's swearing in front of her kid (a time to not swear)... and then she's swearing in front of a church group (another time to not swear).

I just thought the whole thing was a bit incongruent on Minxies part. Is Minx a great parent? Probably. I've never met her... but she's with her kid on the weekend wink.gif that's a pretty good sign.

and then she's swearing in front of a church group (another time to not swear)

Who says? If they don't like it, they can leave. Fuck 'em. Just because they belong to some organized cult of worship doesn't mean I should have to watch my language. It's their problem, not mine.

and then she's swearing in front of a church group (another time to not swear)

Who says? If they don't like it, they can leave. Fuck 'em. Just because they belong to some organized cult of worship doesn't mean I should have to watch my language. It's their problem, not mine.

that's pretty much the way i feel about it. i didn't know they were a church group at the time i was swearing a bluestreak. just wondering if perhaps i was out of line for swearing at all. i don't think so.

as far as the kid thing go. muffy has it right on. he knows i don't go to bed at 8 and he knows he's not allowed to have a beer. as far as gripped earlier reference to smoking crack...well try "never" as being the right time. rolleyes.gif (although i do appreciate your diplomacy in your later post)

social conventions are one thing arlen but what about the bogus class- and race-based Victorian era conventions that made Latin words "OK" (copulate, defecate, etc.) where good old Middle English (Shite, Fuck etc) are "vulgar". confused.gif

Did I say social convention? I meant Star Trek convention. Federation rules are quite clear about profanity outside ten forward.

bridgeOfficers.jpg

So, how'd the stork leg transplant work out? Those tent poles look like something to which DFA aspires. Stick a down jacket on, chocolate lab leash in one hand, stickclip in the other, and you'll be right at home on the morning glory wall.

Minx, my fiance and I were at Vantage all weekend. I know what church group you are talking about. They happened to camp next to us. Sunday morning while we were making breakfast, they gathered around for an outdoor service. So we were subjected to the sermon whether we wanted to hear it or not. Personally, I didn't want to hear it, but the pastors voice carried quite nicely and bounced right off the canyon walls into our camp.

To me, that was worse than hearing a few choice swear words.