antitobacco prejudice

lummox

the bullsheeot against people who use tobacco is outta hand. other people treat you like a criminal if you light up a smoke. i am like 'wtf asshole? it aint like i just snuffed a baby in front of ya. its only cancer. get over it.' and if you dip a little snoose people will just outright tell you that spitting is 'disgusting'. i am like 'wtf asshole? being fugly is disgusting too. i aint complaining about how your mug is making my stomach churn.' wazzup.gif

down in mexico you can smoke in restaurants and grocery stores and nobody gives you the stink eye. is it all just pretentiousness? i think so.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was living in Europe with my roomates, we were smoking on the back steps of our apt. and a fat-ass texan woman said "do you know taht smoking is bad for you." I replied, "did you know that being disgustingly fat is bad for you as well." As my roomates waited for the translation they busted up just as she was giving me the finger. wave.gif

After the smoking ban went into efect in NYC tax revenues from bars and restraunts went UP! Seems as if more people are hanging out at bars now that they won't smell like shit when they leave. I don't mind a bit of smoke, It's the lingering smell that I hate.
that is interesting because here in eugene several bars went OOB frown.gif after the ban

Chemicals found in Cigarette Smoke

Yes, you ARE a piece of shit if you think that it's OK to subject me to exposure to these chemicals against my will. There is no conceivable argument that can be made to rationalize exposing someone to 2nd-hand smoke aganist their will. You fucking smokers make me sick.

And these are only 190 of 4000.

A

Acetaldehyde

Acetic Acid

Acetone

Acetylene

Acrolein

Acrylonitrile

Aluminum

Aminobiphenyl

Ammonia

Anabasine

Anatabine

Aniline

Anthracenes

Argon

Arsenic

B

Benz(a)anthracene

Benzene

Benzo(a)pyrene

Benzo(b)fluoranthene

Benzo(j)fluoranthene

Butadiene

Butane

C

Cadmium

Campesterol

Carbon Monoxide

Carbon Sulfide

Catechol

Chromium

Chrysene

Copper

Crotonaldehyde

Cyclotenes

D

DDT/Dieldrin

Dibenz(a,h)acridine

Dibenz(a,h)anthracene

Dibenz(a,j)acridine

Dibenzo(a,l)pyrene

Dibenzo(c,g)carbazole

Dimenthylhydrazine

E

Ethanol

Ethylcarbamate

F

Fluoranthenes

Fluorenes

Formaldehyde

Formic Acid

Furan

G

Glycerol

H

Hexamine

Hydrazine

Hydrogen cyanide

Hydrogen sulfide

I

Indeno(1,2,3-c,d)pyrene

Indole

Isoprene

L

Lead

Limonine

Linoleic Acid

Linolenic Acid

M

Magnesium

Mercury

Methane

Methanol

Methyl formate

Methylamineethylchrysene

Methylamine

Methylnitrosamino

Methylpyrrolidine

N

n-Nitrosoanabasine

n-Nitrosodiethanolamine

n-Nitrosodiethylamine

n-nitrosodimethylamine

n-Nitrosoethyl methylamine

n-Nitrosomorpholine n-Nitrosopyrrolidine

Naphthalene

Naphthylamine

Neophytadienes

Nickel

Nicotine

Nitric Oxide

Nitrobenzene

Nitropropane

Nitrosamines

Nitrosonomicotine

Nitrous oxide phenols

Nomicotine

P

Palmitic acid

Phenanthrenes

Phenol

Picolines

Polonium-210

Propionic acid

Pyrenes

Pyrrolidine

Q

Quinoline

Quinones

S

Scopoletin

Sitosterol

Skatole

Solanesol

Stearic acid

Stigmasterol

Styrene

T

Titanium

Toluene

Toluidine

U

Urethane

V

Vinyl Chloride

Vinylpyridine

Soon...very soon...we'll get a LAW banning you from smoking in public places in all of WA.

I wandered into a few LITTLE bars around Modesto CA awhile back (think newly enacted CA smoking ban). Though smoke hung heavy in the air, nary a person was seen smoking. Soon after I ordered a brew and started chatting with the folks about where I was from and what I was doing, the ashtrays and cigs started coming out from behind the bar again and life returned to normal. Seems they had a lookout watching for unfamiliar faces, and when one showed up they hid everything illegal.

I prefer not to be around smoke, but know willingly submit myelf to it on occasion.

I think that if it were really MORE profitable run non-smoking restaurants and bars more would have sprung up around the country by now.

I haven't smoked since december, I miss it cry.gifcry.gifcry.gif I don't think about it all the time any more and it does smell bad when I am arround someone that smokes, but I miss it. I probably always will. it is wierd to be a smoker but to not smoke

Yes, you ARE a piece of shit if you think that it's OK to subject me to exposure to these chemicals against my will. There is no conceivable argument that can be made to rationalize exposing someone to 2nd-hand smoke aganist their will. You fucking smokers make me sick.

tem - per, tem - pperr!

don't like second hand smoke huh doc? don't go to places that have it. it's really pretty simple.

(whats this "against my will" bullshit??) rolleyes.gifsnaf.gif

now smokers who do so around their kids make ME sick, i'm with ya on that front Dr D.

i mean i guess my dad smoked around his kids... but i've never held it against him cuz he's got so many awesome qualities... and cuz he wasn't your typical pack-a-day smoker.. smoked about a pack per week at most.

ya see I think chew is NASTY

I think it's nasty too. I NEVER dip or chew (tobacco that is) in front of my mom, sister, or any female friends (does that make me a chauvinist?). My buddies are a different story; I love to taunt the one who puked when he tried a little Cope yelrotflmao.gif Actually, not very many people know I chew. I mainly do it when I have to sit in front of this damn box or on my couch doing seemingly endless homework.

Everyone I know that chew admit it's nasty, but hell, jaw cancer is a personal choice and your chewing tobacco use won't give it to me. I could post a few pictures, but I'm thinking you'll thank me not to.

I get my share of second hand smoke too, being fond of seeing live music. My friend's brother died of emphysema, not from smoking, but likely because he was a pit boss in Las Vegas forever and had a lifelong gambling obsession. You might as well be a smoker if you're spending 40 to 70 hours a week in those rooms.

You wouldn't mind if I shoot my gun whenever I want, would you? I guarantee I'm not aiming at you, but hey, if you get in the way of a bullet, you didn't have to be there.

smoke is nasty so is dippping. I tell people so.

I once saw a woman who had COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder) from smoking for 30 years who was on home O2 who lit up and burnt the shit out of her face and nose b/c of the O2. Clueless. Fire plus pure oxygen equals more fire.

I want to die from something cool like free soloing the tooth when I'm 85 years old, not smoke. I also don't want to pay for someone else's bad habit b/c they are on medicare from all the shit that comes from smoking.

I tell all my young friends who smoke/dip to quit as quickly as they can before it becomes 5 then 10 then a lifetime of dependency.

treat your body like a temple.

treat your body like a temple.

yeah and y'know what else?? unless you eat nothing but organic food ya ain't treating your body like a temple, pal. faar from it. most of the food ya get in the store has a list of chemicals and nastyness as long if not longer than that one doolittle included above.

ironically, this is reminding me of talks i've had back in college with hippies who were all high n' mighty about their organic vegan diets... but who smoke tobacco. yellaf.gifyellaf.gif

wazzup.gif

I'm so confused....

I've never smoked a cigarette in my life.

I hate the government telling adults what they can/can't do with their bodies.

I like the smell of fresh second hand smoke.

I hate the smell of stale smoke in my hair and clothes when I leave the Naches Tavern.

I don't believe that 50,000 people die each year from second hand smoke.

The health care - taxpayer cost argument is old...and dangerous. Could, and is being used to restrict freedom.

Girls who smoke are easier to get into bed. (So I've heard!)

People who work in taverns have a right to work in a smoke free environment...so they should find a job in a place where smokers don't traditionally gather.

How much $$$ do low income families spend on cigarettes each year? ....While their children eat canned pork and beans?

WHY DO SMOKERS THINK THE WHOLE WORLD IS THEIR FUCKING ASH TRAY?

It seems clear that tobacco companies manipulated nicotine levels in their cigarettes to addict more people to a potentially lethal product. Those responsible for this should be in prison, or worse.

What has happened to all of the tobacco "settlement money"? New cars and perks for state bureaucrats, I suspect.

I've seen climbers light up on the summit of Rainier a few times...and I'm truly impressed. But I suspect I'll still be climbing well into my seventies, and I doubt that many smokers will be. Again; their choice.

Iwo Jima didn't kill my grandfather; lung cancer did in 1980 at the age of 68. When I was a child I used to ask him why he smoked. His reply was always the same, "I don't smoke...the cigarette does!"