sick of climbing.

sexual_chocolate

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sometimes you just need a time-out ... you get stuck in a rut and it becomes less enjoyable. there have been days where i've been sick of skiing - and i love skiing more than just about anything else in the world. life is cyclical so don't fret! find a new climb you wouldn't normally do, go climbing with someone who inspires you or pushes you more than you normally push yourself, take some time off until you miss it, try a new sport for awhile ... lots and lots of options. mix it up, don't be so hard on yourself, and enjoy life!

just burn out...it happens to everyone..life should be more balanced and climbing only one outlet for yor energies,i would have thought that you would understand that...but then again adreneline and sucess are hard drugs to beat.

Any ideas on why this may be?

Did you take up sailing? This has been know to drastically reduce climbing enjoyment at times.

Otherwise, did you meet a SO recently? If so, more important things in life might be on your mind.

Otherwise, no idea.

wave.gif

A day at Smith can make you feel like that as you wander around, seeing millions of people on all the routes you can and want to do, and nobody on the routes you know to stay the hell off of.

But hey, you think you have problems? Hell, my arm was cramping on a 5.7 yesterday.

Hell, it was bolted. I should have untied and jumped I was sosoooooo embarrased! blush.gifblush.gif

I've been fat for awhile, but now I'm definatly getting old, and feel it.

Fat and old.

Hope you resolve it, don't think there's help for me.

Good thread, SC. Don't know how old you are but I can say that climbing has evloved for me over 15 years from the intense,training,pissed rock climber w/ fucked up joints(sounds like you now) to the happy, "could give a fuck" climber I am now. I climb seriously allot less but the challenges are cool and interesting each time and tend to be more in the mountaineering realm these days. It's a great excuse to travel to other countries, see views that few have seen and hang/climb with great friends... beyond that I don't care. Too much ambition just leads to cry.gif... so try climbing a bit less and focus on the yelrotflmao.gif or bigdrink.gif when you go. Get some cool new hobbies to fill in the gaps. I found that passion again in other things again like fly fishing and rafting.

Finally, just accept that there are climbers in this world who are born w/ more gifts than you will ever get through relentless training and work so just relax and enjoy... bigdrink.gif

thumbs_up.gif