minx

i'm either the best or the very worst person to open up this topic but here it goes.

Hey, I was thinking:

If we are trying to make the site more friendly and to welcome women, should we maybe talk about avatars like scott_harpell's ? I don't know who he is, so I have nothing against him personally, but that avatar is horrible. Lummox's was pretty bad, but Scott's is friggen irritating to no end. Do other women find this offensive?

this is the text from a PM i received today. i think it's a pretty interesting thought. i'm pretty thick skinned about stuff like this so i hadn't even noticed scott's avatar. however, i can see why a fair number of women would be annoyed with it. i'm not sure it's a problem since the girl in scott's avatar pic is dressed. maybe it's just that an animated avatar is annoying?

anybody want to comment. i'd be happy to hear from people on this via PM if you don't want to post publicly.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Scott's pic is just fine. Please allow some expression of individuality in this homogenized, politically correct, latently metrosexual society, for Pete's sake. Better yet, spring for some kegs and we'll all show up in gray jumpsuits and someone can take digital pictures so we can all be our own avatar image rolleyes.gif

gee thanks scotty.

if you call me minxie a again i'm going to have to clip carabiners to yer nutz though wink.gifwave.gif

but for the record, i don't think that was the point of the PM. i think the idea is that avatar pics like might turn away some of the milder female types.

at the top of the page click My Home

under Main Configuration where it says Display Preferences click edit

near the bottom of the page where it says "Show user's pictures with their posts" click No

click submit

sensitive readers are also reminded of the ignore feature. Click on the name of the asshole who offends you and below their profile towards the right is a button labelled Ignore This User

Minx, Wilbur has informed me that your avatar image is offensive to all horses who view this site. Please remove it. It's for the horses. Plus, we could always use more horsecock on this site.

rofl.gif

yellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gif

i would gladly give up my horse avatar if i could find the humping bunnies again. evils3d.gif