what's your political party? or is there one?

marylou

Last night at Pub Club, Icegirl referred to Klenke as a “Republican.” He replied by saying “oh no, I’m not a Republican”. Now Klenk’s certainly a conservative guy, but I was not surprised to hear his denial of party affiliation. Today I am hearing that GWB is planning to attack John Kerry by accusing him of being a liberal. Now Kerry is running on the Democratic side, so one would expect him to be a liberal.

How did being a Dem or a Repub, or a lib or a conservative, become something to hide from/deny/be ashamed of? If you deny party affiliation or lib vs. conserve, is it because you don’t regularly vote one way or another? Are there a lot of you who do that?

I was raised by two Democrats and became one myself (surprise) and have only voted non-D a handful of times or less. If someone asks me I say that I am a Democrat.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a more important question. Why are you threatening to ruin Pub Club by bringing up politics? Leave politics to Spray. Pub Club is for talking about climbing and anything else save politics.

Who died and made YOU the king of Pub Club? hahaha.gif

And stop trying to thread drift! madgo_ron.gif

I just re-read the original post and figured I'd give a serious answer, it is interesting to note that you are the same as your parents.

I'm the same as my old dad, we're both Aquarius. We have a good time giving my mom crap because she's a Gemini and we don't always see eye to eye.

White males in general are afraid of calling themselves liberals. Yet in the same studies they often allow themselves to be categorized as "liberal." what does this mean? I have no clue. However, I think if you vote for an initial (D/R) and not a person and that person's values and past accomplishments, you are not voting wisely. Maybe Klenke's conservatism clashes with much of the de-facto republican policy.