FYI

gapertimmy

Speaking of Shit has everyone heard where this name originated?

It actually came about when they used to ship large crates full of manure in ships. Well it turned out that the crates that were placed low in the bilge ended up getting wet. The wet manure released enough methane gas to cause several explosions aboard the ships. Some ships were even lost as a result of this. In order to not have this happen again, they started marking the crates Store High In Transit. This eventually got shortened to S.H.I.T. and hense we now have the clever Acronym Shit to describe this fascinating event.

totally wrong. about as factual as the Thomas Crapper myth. shitte! or shittr! is OLD English at least, IE dates from 500AD or earlier.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well shit and fall back in it. I learned something new today.

Ever see a ship dropping anchor? That chain just running through the portal into the abyss? Well, I had a rather spicy lunch today. And I also have a moderate intestinal malady. Let me tell you, that last trip to the bathroom was like shitting 6 miles of red hot anchor chain. wave.gif

Interesting how using the word "the" in front of shit changes its connotation from the worst to the best thing ever.

Usage:

1) "My batting average is shit after being caught pounding that cherry spritzer"

2) "Dropping on my neighbor's doorstep and ringing the doorbell is the shit!"

Hopefully this will drive the final nail into the coffin of this thread:

Two strangers were seated next to each other on the plane when the guy turns to the beautiful blonde sitting next to him and made his move by saying, "Let's talk. I've heard that flights will go quicker if you strike up a conversation with your fellow passenger."

The blonde, who had just opened her book, closed it slowly, and said to the guy, "What would you like to discuss?"

"Oh, I don't know," said the player. "How about nuclear power?"

"OK," said the blonde. "That could be an Interesting topic. But let me ask you a question first. A horse, a cow, and a deer all eat grass. The same stuff. Yet a deer excretes little pellets, while a cow turns out a flat patty, and a horse produces clumps of dried grass in cylindrical blobs. Why do you suppose that is?"

"Oh brother," said the guy. "I have no idea."

"Well, then," said the blonde, "How is it that you feel qualified to discuss nuclear power when you don't know shit?"