Pearly Back Door

pope

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lambone says:

"And you were the one who ranted my ear off at the bar about the environmental impacts of bolts."

Dude! I'm sorry I even met you at a bar! You keep bringing it up...do you think your commentary that evening was any more enlightening? My reward for meeting you was a vulgar and childish insult about my age and your repetitious mention that we discussed bolts one night late in a bar, a conversation that I found nothing more than ordinary and not particularly interesting.

quote:

Originally posted by Cpt.Caveman:

You guys all are wankers-

I can drink more alcohol than Dwayner in a one sit contest. I can chop bolts faster than Pope too.

Lambone has no idea how to be a spray king like me.

I am going to chop some bolts and defacate in the Muir hut then head over and climb up through all the falcon infested crags.

Dude, your totaly right...

When you spray, people laugh...ok, well some people do. When I spray, all of a sudden everyone hates me. Have I not earned the right to be an asshole?

The only reason I spray on Dwayner and Pope is 'cause no one else hardly does. I think I have a right to disagree with their opinions and attitudes. I don't see why that makes me miserable and course. We see things two different ways, and I enjoy debating about who's way is right.

But then they have to go and take everything so personaly...you guys used to be fun to argue with, now your just a couple of dull tools.

quote:

Originally posted by Lambone:

malapropism

n : the unintentional misuse of a word by confusion with one that sounds similar

Yup, but I think you know what I meant...you gotta love MS Word.
[Roll Eyes]

Sorry you think what I wrote is just a bunch of wasted bandwith...I suppose you are right.

No, I didn't know what you meant to say, but I extrapolated.

While I agree with some of what you said, I believe it was wasted bandwidth because you used it to snipe at someone else.

quote:

Originally posted by Retrosaurus:

quote:

Is that because of the number of bolts on Snow Creek Wall?

No. That is because Outerspace is a 5-star route.

Engineer a moderate sport route, top to bottom on the wall and see what happens impact wise.

Engineer a moderate sport route on snow Creek Wall, even if you do it ground up and where no natural pro exists, and not overlapping any existing routes... and watch retro and pope go berzerk.

I would buy the beer for that spectacle. [laf][big Drink]

quote:

quote:

Engineer a moderate sport route, top to bottom on the wall and see what happens impact wise.

Yeah, that was my point. It gets so much traffic because its an awsome crack climb. Same way smith gets traffic because its awsome for sport climbing. There is no difference.

Would you agree that good crack climbs are a limited resource? At least localy. Ok, I think so. So lets say you took away the sport climbing areas in Washington. How much traffic would you see on Outerspace then, if the number of climbers remained the same?

If there were less bolted areas right near the highway, there would be a greater human preasure on delicate wilderness areas at higher elivations. Which wildlife populations suffer from disturbance the most. rattlesnakes at Vantage, or Goats at Snow Creek and Perigrines at Midnight.

See where I'm comin from?

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yeah, that was my point. It gets so much traffic because its an awsome crack climb. Same way smith gets traffic because its awsome for sport climbing. There is no difference.

Would you agree that good crack climbs are a limited resource? At least localy. Ok, I think so. So lets say you took away the sport climbing areas in Washington. How much traffic would you see on Outerspace then, if the number of climbers remained the same?

If there were less bolted areas right near the highway, there would be a greater human preasure on delicate wilderness areas at higher elivations. Which wildlife populations suffer from disturbance the most. rattlesnakes at Vantage, or Goats at Snow Creek and Perigrines at Midnight.

See where I'm comin from?

Thats BS, a lot of the parties crowding the sport areas dont have the skillz necessary to do outer space. So they wouldnt all be crowdin SCW if you closed Vantage. They would be crowding Smith Rox!!

You guys have a consensus, you are all better climbers than everyone else. You need not to worry because no many people can even hike that far to go rock climbing. Just keep arguing while I keep finding more routes to dust off and ascend. Take the Pearly and the SCW and Midnight and Castle and Givlers and JY and Trundle and let them be stomped and trundled. Put fourth the effort to maintain the trails and replace the rusted buttonheads. Wear a helmut and educate them. Let people hike in and clip and plug gear as they please. You guys need to just keep hiking a little further out and maybe bivy and you won't even see gapers. All you will see is the potential for more routes and eventually, those will be sent and our lovely message board will be chatting about them in due time. Nothing is going to stop the progress. Especially if REI and The North Face keeps giving money to the Access Fund and the Access Fund keeps giving access. REI gets more sales because people get more access. Who wins? The industry, one dollar...one vote. One person one vote. Rather than whining about each other, start planning to change the DNR, FS and National Park bylaws to help protect the woods.

...And quit being so damn selfish!

quote:

But then they have to go and take everything so personaly...you guys used to be fun to argue with, now your just a couple of dull tools.[/QB]

Dude, I'm still laughing.....at you! [Razz][Razz][Razz]

At least someone is... [Roll Eyes]

Just so ya know, I didn't want this thread to turn into a spary fest, but it just kinda spiraled down that slippery slope. I was just poking fun, not attacking you, Dwayner just likes blow everything I say way out of proportion.

Anyway, I still think I caught you in a contradiction, but whatever...who cares right. As the diplomatic Scottp said, I shouldn't have used my opinion as a way to "snipe" you.

I hope this thread, and your new trail to Snow Creek Wall die a nice quiet death. Peace out Pope. darkmage.gif

Dwayner, I'm sorry your so upset man, you should realy relax. For someone in your risk category, you should try keeping that hypertension to a minimum. Quit being such a little sensitive pansy ass bitch... poke.gif Anyway, its obvious that your just trying to take the heat off pope. We all know you are just ashamed about the environmental degredation you two have caused...it's all out in the open now. lookedat.gif