Best after climb food

fenderfour

Ok, this is for you sausagefest, cold-loving, long-term, hardcore, ass-smelling alpinists out there:

What's your favorite after climb food?

HCL.gif

Mmmmm. Hot open faced sandwiches with mashed potatoes and gravy.....

I suppose roq-joqs and boulderers have a favorite after climb food, but who really cares whaty they eat after a hard day hiking a couple of miles to the crag/boulder?

the_finger.gif

BTW - beer is a given. bigdrink.gif

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not an alpinest, but I will say that after a LONG day cragging say at SMIFF I tend to want Mexican food either in redmend or in camp.

After Flagstone I want a mushroom and swiss burger and onion rings

FOOD IS GOOD cool.gif

Sorry, Muffy, You're fired. You have violated a few of the rules.

1. You are not properly equipped (sausagefest)

2. No Alpine!!! (you break my heart, really you do)

3. You probably don't smell of ass.

I am not an alpinest, but I will say that after a LONG day cragging say at SMIFF I tend to want Mexican food either in redmend or in camp.

FOOD IS GOOD cool.gif

I'm wiff Muffy. Mexican food just tastes right after a big climb. I guess it's the muchos calories. It tastes even better with a Dos Equis or a Bohemia. bigdrink.gif

FOOD IS GOOD cool.gif

Sorry, Muffy, You're fired. You have violated a few of the rules.

1. You are not properly equipped (sausagefest)

2. No Alpine!!! (you break my heart, really you do)

3. You probably don't smell of ass.

1.I am a girl you are correct cool.gif

2.I will climb alpine someday... I want the correct person to climb with

3. I smell worse than ass after 3 days at smith with no shower ( camp at the grasslands tongue.gif )

Appetizer: Fat bowl of Matanuska Thunderfuck.

Apertif: IMPERIAL BLONDE, cask conditioned. High alcohol, slightly malty, creamy and smooth drinking. This light colored ale is a perfect summer quaffer with a kick. Served in a wine glass.

Food: SEARED AHI - Pepper crusted tuna filet, with beansprout kimchee slaw, wasabi aioli, red curry oil, sticky rice and nori lavosh. Side order of wasabi mashed potato. Served rare.

Drink with dinner:INDIA PALE ALE, cask conditioned.Born in the days of the British Empire, our IPA has the high hop bitterness required to make the trip "Around the Horn" to India. Dark straw in color, the BrewHouse IPA is a strong ale with an intense hop aroma.

After Dinner Drink: CHERRY XXXMAS

Santa's little helper - a big alcohol triple bock finished with a second pitching of ale yeast and 1.5 pounds of cherries per gallon. Aged in Jim Beam bourbon barrels. Crisp lager notes blended with big cherry. Served in a wine glass.

After After dinner drink drink:2003 BIG WOODY BARLEYWINE

Huge malt and intense fruitiness dominate. Aged for one year in Napa Valley wine barrels. No expense was spared with the use of all English floor barley.

Re-appetizer: Fat bowl of NL5 x Blueberry

Dessert: DARK CHOCOLATE TORTE - Flourless chocolate and blackberry torte, Makers Mark whiskey, Dreyers Kona ice cream, and a bitter sweet chocolate sauce.

Next time you're in Anchorage...Glacier Brewhouse. bigdrink.gif