Lynn Hill

ruddersbox

I know that San Jose is not the Cascades, however, Lynn Hill did pay us lowely cyberasses a visit to a sold out house. So my question to you all is: what trad climber (m/f) is more bad ass than Hill??? And since the poll works, maybe those who are more skilled than I can make it work... Who is the

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree with alpinek,

who cares who is the best or the baddest....climbing is all about personal satisfaction while at the same time minimizing our personal impact on the enviroment in which we particpate.

i should put up a poll to maybe ask the question do we need to read dumb posts like this.

Originally posted by ruddersbox:

[QB]I know that San Jose is not the Cascades, however, Lynn Hill did pay us lowely cyberasses a visit to a sold out house.

What are you talking about? Did she come to the NW, or did she visit the website?

Sorry, this post makes no sense to me at all.

Thanks,

Steve

[Confused][Confused][Confused]

quote:

Originally posted by erik:

quote:

Originally posted by specialed:

How can anyone possibly claim one person is the "best rock climber in the world," yet the mags do it all the time

CUZ THEY HAVE YET TO MEET ME!!!

[Razz]
Yeah I heard The latest issue of Drinking and Climbing is doing a big feature story / profile on you. [Razz]

quote:

quote:

Originally posted by erik:

quote:

How can anyone possibly claim one person is the "best rock climber in the world," yet the mags do it all the time

CUZ THEY HAVE YET TO MEET ME!!!

[Razz]
Yeah I heard The latest issue of Drinking and Climbing is doing a big feature story / profile on you.
[Razz]
Dont you mean the latest issue of Rock and Herb?

I would say that climbing is an individual sport. We all have our own goals and thus our own role models. Therefore I find having a debate about who's bad ass to be silly; something that should be in People Mag. (or R&I)

Lynn Hill is no doubt a good climber, but this debate is stupid.

quote:

Originally posted by AlpineK:

I would say that climbing is an individual sport. We all have our own goals and thus our own role models. Therefore I find having a debate about who's bad ass to be silly; something that should be in People Mag. (or R&I)

Lynn Hill is no doubt a good climber, but this debate is stupid.

Definately. It's kind of like arguing about what restaurant is the best. It all depends on what kind of food you like.

You have all clearly missed the point re Lynn Hill- That being;

climbing is not about spiritual growth or freedom and dynamics of the hills. In this post cold war era of consumerism. We as climbers are unequivocally best defined by our image. I personally drive my F-350 Cummins Turbo diesel to the crags and tow my Subaru Outback there and then unhitch it. Numerous sporto stickers also on both vehicles. Consequently, I am clearly a bad ass climber

Cleeshter, F350 would have the Powerstroke, not the Cummins...that'd be Dodge, and if you need to fabricate another penis-envy truck story know that Chevy now has a diesel as well...made by Detroit Diesel I believe...Erik?

Re: Hill, I read her new biography book last night at B&N (they fuckin hate me there now BTW)...and it sucks. Mildly entertaining at times, and has one particularly cool pic of her doing the "houdini sequence" on the Nose, but other than that, pretty dry.

quote:

Originally posted by willstrickland:

Cleeshter, F350 would have the Powerstroke, not the Cummins...that'd be Dodge, and if you need to fabricate another penis-envy truck story know that Chevy now has a diesel as well...made by Detroit Diesel I believe...Erik?

actually mr strickland, chevy has started to use a mitsubishi diesel motor...and the good thing is it the first of the new generation diesel, which has a lower emmision rate while retaining power...

chevy and mitsu have been orking on this motor for near 6 or 7 years according to the old man(works for the general)........

again chevy sets the bench mark with automobile technology......

quote:

Originally posted by willstrickland:

Well E, you might check into the environmental practices of the Mitsubishi Corp before you cheer for 'em. I have (on the advice of a friend) and it's pretty shocking what they participate in and/or support.

i dont doubt that......i am just commenting on one particular thing...all major corps fuck shit up!!!!