Bear Hunting is cool

Cpt.Caveman

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like hunting bear...bare ass!frauen021.gif

When I hiked the AT, the most bears I saw were in NJ, and there aren't even many miles of trail there.

The bear population is too big. Whatcha gonna do? Kill a few, only stands to reason. Bear hunting is cool, especially with a bow and if you eat the meat and make a rug...no wasted parts, that's the best respect you can give to the bear. Without a hunting season for them you're only going to have problem bears getting killed by govt personnel because they have to kill them. I'd rather Billy Bob and Joe Bob go kill them for free, than have my tax dollars pay a govt employee to kill them and waste the meat/hide/etc.

Let one of those nancy-boy protestors face down a bluff charge when the sucker is rampaging his car in the driveway, or ransacking the garbage can because the population is too big for the habitat. See how suzie feels then.violent-smiley-045.gif

cj001f said:

willstrickland said: Bear hunting is cool, especially with a bow and if you eat the meat and make a rug...
Did you know that bear meat is the largest source of trichinosis in the US?

Trichinosis goes like this in bears:

Black bears have the least count per gram of body tissue, then comes grizzley having a slightly increased count and finally polar with a huge amount of the critters in their body tissues. Theory is the more carnivorous the bear the more trichinosis per gram of body tissue.

Best bet on eating any bear meat is cook slowly in a crock pot and serve as a stew. I guess you could do the loins as a roast but again cook long and slow so its tender.

I don't know why bear hunting bothers me so much. As you know, I'm no soft-hearted, meat is murder goof-ball. And I while I have never personally shot a large mammal, I have killed my share of wing'ed creatures,evils3d.gif and I have been an armed observer on a few deer and Elk hunts and enjoyed it a great deal. I certainly have travelled armed in Bear country, and wouldn't hesitate to shoot a bruin that was clearly (very clearly) a threat to my party.

All that said, I just can't understand why anyone would hunt bears. They seem to posess a higher level of intelligence than most other game animals and I don't see them as anything but a 'persecuted' species much like wolves. Ditto big cats and Mountain Goats.

wolf is just a type of dog, anybody got some kim chee?

it says here in this issue of "Northwest Discovery" that when Henry Custer and Mitchly and Thiusoloc wrere shooting grizzlies on Tomyhoi that the tongue of the grizzly is the best tasting part.

HOWEVER: it is biologically inefficient to eat predators due to loss and entropy along the food chain. much more efficient to eat 10 elk than the 1 wolf that ate the 10 elk. not to mention that toxins bioaccumulate up the food chain, which is why the Makah stopped eating whales. predator meat is often toxic.....