Crap Movies

EWolfe

The latest releases are so very suck. Wander the aisles of your local video store: wall after wall of new releases there are such a load of recycled crap.

"All the great themes have been used up, and turned into theme parks"

--Christian Slater from "Pump Up The Volume"

I think the last really good, original movie I saw was "Good Will Hunting". Pissed-off, jaded smart people are so cool. Reminds me of a crowd I know...

wave.gif

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bunglehead said:

"Master And Commander" was pretty bad.

yellowsleep.gifyellowsleep.gifyellowsleep.gifyellowsleep.gifyellowsleep.gifyellowsleep.gifyellowsleep.gif

I liked it. Kinda slow at times, but I thought the effects during the storms were good. And I was pretty amazed that they could repair the damage to the ship at sea after battles (maybe that's just wishful hollywood thinking). That scene where the doc did surgery on himself was gruesome.

And perhaps the most important part is that...Russell Crowe is a pretty fine male specimen to gaze at on a big screen for 2.5 hours. wink.gif

No there are worse endings. Most things that come out of hollywood have to tie up all the loose strings and let you rejoice in the fact that the guy gets the girl. rolleyes.gif Like Pirates of the Carribean for instance. Overall an entertaining Disney flick and great performance by Jonny Depp, but the ending nearly destroys the film. Those are worst endings ever.

We have had cartoons turned into movies (Flintstones, Scooby Doo), old TV shows into movies (Charlies Angels, The Hulk), and now Disney is making movies based on Disneyland attractions (Pirates of the Carribean, Haunted Mansion). What can be ripped off next, toys, comic books? Oh wait comic books have been done (Superman, Batman). Oh wait, TV ripped those off before the movies got them. hahaha.gifrolleyes.gifwazzup.gif

Umm, we're also into kids picture books these days. The obvious Dr Suess (grinch, cat in the hat) but I just saw a trailer for "Polar Express" which was a great kids book by Chris Von Allsburg. These they have to fluff up to movie length, unlike the oft times radical surgery required to try and fit a novel into a single movie.

• 3 weeks later...
ehmmic said:

And perhaps the most important part is that...Russell Crowe is a pretty fine male specimen to gaze at on a big screen for 2.5 hours. wink.gif

I agree that he's a fine male specimen, but I don't think the blonde pony tail and knee breeches is a good look for him. He was hotter in "LA Confidential". For prettier examples of men in 18th century garb, check out "Interview with a Vampire". Pretty bad movie, but good eye candy if you're into that tongue.gif.