US tells Brits to "Go Fuck Yourselves"

Necronomicon

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this is mt favorite quote:

The coalition says that it has also been told by British officials that American officials want a distance kept between Mr Bush and protesters, for security reasons and to prevent their appearance in the same television shots.

bunglehead said:

minx said:

i still assert that Bush looks like a kiebler elf. i find it disconcerting to listen to him talk about foreign policy, the economy, the war on terror when i keep seeing him running around a tree selling cookies.

laughing-smiley-017.gif

Now I'll never be able to eat Keebler cookies again! cry.gif

think about it this way...as a country we elected a keebler elf to govern us. there's a certain appropriate irony in that.

trask having a driver's license puts me at risk for jury duty. i vote just so that i know your vote has been nullified by mine.

This whole "No Protestors, Please" thing reminds me of GWB's invitation to address the European Parliament in the run-up to the war in Iraq. Apparently the invitation was accepted, but only on the condition that GWB be greeted warmly and enthusiastically. Specifically, the deal was: No Standing Ovation - No Speech. The European Parliament wouldn't guarantee a standing ovation - or any applause at all, for that matter - preferring to hear the speech first before deciding if it was any good, so the White House declined the invitation.

GWB and the people around him are, collectively, behaving a bit like a spoiled 4-year-old.

specialed said:

This speaks to my whole theory of Bush's disturbing political strategy. His team is very very adept at smoke and mirrors. He understands how to use the media to his advantage so well, that he uses it as a proxy for good policy. All spin, no substance. madgo_ron.gif

yep...that may be the understatement of the year, even.

Yeah this is pretty stupid, but it happens in other situations as well. For instance, protestors against China's policies get sent off to a certain area when somebody like Jaing Zemin comes. Jaing doesn't even see 'em. And, I remember the a similiar thing happening in Spokane when Al Gore came to campaign - all the anti-Gore protestors were put into a special area.

trask said:

who cares, minx? I know you don't vote at all as it puts you at risk for jury duty.

And Erik, before you open your cake hole and say something stupid, I'll say shut the hell up now in advance.

I've climbed with Erik and I have never seen him eat cake. Bugers and fries, yes. Pie, yes. But never seen him garf down a cake. wave.gif