• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
RobBob

I've Been Out-4WD'd

My nearest neighbor in my remote neck of the woods has done it again...this time he's bought a Humvee. Believe it or not, his wife drives a luxed-out Expedition. This in addition to the multi-million spread on the waterfront...the extreme go-fast boat that maybe got used one weekend last summer...the horses. True, he's a wealthy physician, and can afford it. But I just don't get what drives somebody to seem to focus on "the best that money can buy"---for everything. This guy's like a miniature Larry Ellison.

So what's your approach to toys:I'm a tightwad---love second-hand and booty stuffI like to buy really good gear for a few select sports/interestsI spend until I run out of money, then save again for more stuffcan't talk now...too busy counting my skis

quote:

---------------------------------

can't talk now...too busy counting my skis

----------------------------------------------

yelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gif

I only want to buy it once, therefore I tend to buy the absolute best I can afford. You won't see any Ferrari's in my stable though.

trask said:

The H2 is a fucking joke. No self-respecting man would own one. It's the real deal or nada.

YOU MEAN CAMO COLORED AND ADORNED WITH MACHINE GUNS AND A UNIT OF INFINTRY?

No erik, but the difference between the two is phenominal...starting with 17" ground clearance on the Hummer as compared to 9" with the H2 SUV soccer rig.

THe h2 should come with a Microwave On button, cause it looks like an oven...

Add another option to your poll:

"I feel confortable with my dick size and do not feel the need to buy stupid expensive shit."

dryad said:

"I feel confortable with my dick size and do not feel the need to buy stupid expensive shit."

thumbs_up.gifyelrotflmao.gifyellaf.gifwave.gif

dryad said:

You're a moron. Some of us buy expensive shit because it makes us feel good, or we like the performance, or the rush, or any number of reasons. Don't drop that 'penis size' shit on me, sista...go buy some more patchouli oil. boxing_smiley.gif

I feel confortable with my dick size and do not feel the need to buy stupid expensive shit."

I cant afford fuck all so all dudes with cool shit must have small dicks rolleyes.gif

trask said:

dryad said:

You're a moron. Some of us buy expensive shit because it makes us feel good, or we like the performance, or the rush, or any number of reasons. Don't drop that 'penis size' shit on me, sista...go buy some more patchouli oil. boxing_smiley.gif

itty bitty? hahaha.gif

actually it aint dick size but other shit by which you are judged by your tribe. fukin chimps do the same shit.

My best response to all that was to take my 2WD Nissan through axle deep mud on a job site for two days in a row - mud on the roof, the whole works, then take it out on a Friday night and park it next to the tallest, shiniest 4WD I could find.

yes, trask, I agree, that is why I was asking. The H2 isn't even a hummer. It doesn't share any parts with it AFAIK. It's basically a suburban (which is a fairly sub-par off road vehicle), live rear axle and all, with a different top thrown on. It's pathetic.

the ground clearence comes from the angled drive shafts. not from it being much higher off the ground.... we wouldn't want Mom to have to strain..... rolleyes.gif

robboberto

you forgot "who the fuck cares what the neighbor bought, i'll play w/my own toys"

troubleski said:

the ground clearence comes from the angled drive shafts. not from it being much higher off the ground.... we wouldn't want Mom to have to strain..... rolleyes.gif

Yup, exactly, which is why a close look at the H2 reveals that all they was raise the body up a bunch and leave the chassis the same. The result it a top heavy POS with no more ground clearance than your average small or mid size SUV.