Hero or Zero?

willstrickland

RicardoLagos said:

will -- if you really cared about your gear you could have asked for it back once you found my email address ... i would have mailed it to you.

-- ricardo

Yeah, I'm sure you would have, especially after you told your bro how you were just gonna keep it instead rolleyes.gif

Dude, as I said in my initial post...it was rightfully yours as booty. I've bootied plenty of gear, but I also don't offer it back of my own accord and then recant and gloat about it on the radio to my buddies like some punk ass bitch. the_finger.gif

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

willstrickland said:

RicardoLagos said:

will -- if you really cared about your gear you could have asked for it back once you found my email address ... i would have mailed it to you.

-- ricardo

Yeah, I'm sure you would have, especially after you told your bro how you were just gonna keep it instead rolleyes.gif

Dude, as I said in my initial post...it was rightfully yours as booty. I've bootied plenty of gear, but I also don't offer it back of my own accord and then recant and gloat about it on the radio to my buddies like some punk ass bitch. the_finger.gif

.. whatever -- you're upset over a conversation i had with dave while i was on the summit -- i was talking smack .. (ever done that?) .. if i didn't want to return it i could have said no when you asked for it..

putting down my ascent (or asking others to) just proves that you've got issues .. go deal with them. As far as i'm concerned, my ascent stands for itself .. and i'll gladly discuss any aspect of it -- i stuck my neck out as far as i could, and have no shame in whatever style i chose to use to climb any of those pitches.

clean climbing is a nice goal -- and i'm sure some of my future ascents will be climbed cleaner .. but in this case -- those pins were neccesary for me to continue.

-- ricardo

Edited by RicardoLagos

RicardoLagos said:

doubt it -- the red cam was on pitch 15 (or 16 -- i forget) .. it had a blue/white sling on it .. -- the hubers skipped those pitches by rapping down to one side. (while they were working)

the nut i cleaned was on pitch 7 (black tower) it came out without a nut tool ... (it wasnt fixed) .. -- it actually came out when i was testing it by hand.

-- ricardo

Likely the nut on 7 was the one we left fixed, differential temperature expansion can loosen pieces, or maybe I spaced it and went right by it. Red camalot was definitely not ours since I own no reds with non-original sling, if it was on 15 and you mean had a runner-sling attached to the cam's own sling, partner might have left it without telling me when lowering out, I don't know since I led 15 at sunset and didn't watch him clean the pitch..

Sorry it was so much trouble for you to haul all that weight of booty gear to the summit, must have been grueling to transport your trophies so far. Prick.

willstrickland said:

RicardoLagos said:

doubt it -- the red cam was on pitch 15 (or 16 -- i forget) .. it had a blue/white sling on it .. -- the hubers skipped those pitches by rapping down to one side. (while they were working)

the nut i cleaned was on pitch 7 (black tower) it came out without a nut tool ... (it wasnt fixed) .. -- it actually came out when i was testing it by hand.

-- ricardo

Likely the nut on 7 was the one we left fixed, differential temperature expansion can loosen pieces, or maybe I spaced it and went right by it. Red camalot was definitely not ours since I own no reds with non-original sling, if it was on 15 and you mean had a runner-sling attached to the cam's own sling, partner might have left it without telling me when lowering out, I don't know since I led 15 at sunset and didn't watch him clean the pitch..

Sorry it was so much trouble for you to haul all that weight of booty gear to the summit, must have been grueling to transport your trophies so far. Prick.

what the hell are you so upset about -- you obviously got most of your gear back -- (and i'm betting that your partner didn't tell you that he left a red camalot behind -- because the sling matches the sling on the yellow cam) .. (sling was attached to the sling ON the cam -- via a girth hitch)

.. whatever i said to dave -- obviosuly was smack -- since you DID get your gear back.

i'm surprised that you dont talk about the "ethics" of your own ascent -- you didn't carry your own gear up to the base -- (i did) .. you didn;t carry all of your gear off the climb (i did) .. so whats up?! ..

.. you want to talk smack -- should have done it when you found me on the valley floor .. -- oh -- and had you tride to hit me then -- i would have pasted you all over the parking lot -- (haha -- its fun to talk smack on the net -- ) .. sheesh .. (note .. i'm friggin kidding .. this whole thread is sort of silly)

-- ricardo

Edited by RicardoLagos

RicardoLagos said:

[putting down my ascent (or asking others to) just proves that you've got issues .. go deal with them. As far as i'm concerned, my ascent stands for itself .. and i'll gladly discuss any aspect of it -- i stuck my neck out as far as i could, and have no shame in whatever style i chose to use to climb any of those pitches.

clean climbing is a nice goal -- and i'm sure some of my future ascents will be climbed cleaner .. but in this case -- those pins were neccesary for me to continue.

-- ricardo

I got issues alright, and that issue is that you were clearly unprepared (experience wise). I don't deny that you had great determination to see it through, and that it was a formidable goal. I've soloed and it's hard and lonely fuckin work. But your whole statement of how it wouldn't have been possible for you to continue (without all the nailing) kind of exemplifies the mindset I abhor...summit at all costs. Did it ever occur to you that "hey the party ahead of me wasn't nailing this"

Luckily granite does not take quite the beating that sandstone does. If I'd been nailing on clean routes I've done in Zion, there would have been an angry posse waiting on the ground.

willstrickland said:

RicardoLagos said:

[putting down my ascent (or asking others to) just proves that you've got issues .. go deal with them. As far as i'm concerned, my ascent stands for itself .. and i'll gladly discuss any aspect of it -- i stuck my neck out as far as i could, and have no shame in whatever style i chose to use to climb any of those pitches.

-- ricardo

I got issues alright, and that issue is that you were clearly unprepared (experience wise). I don't deny that you had great determination to see it through, and that it was a formidable goal. I've soloed and it's hard and lonely fuckin work. But your whole statement of how it wouldn't have been possible for you to continue (without all the nailing) kind of exemplifies the mindset I abhor...summit at all costs. Did it ever occur to you that "hey the party ahead of me wasn't nailing this"

Luckily granite does not take quite the beating that sandstone does. If I'd been nailing on clean routes I've done in Zion, there would have been an angry posse waiting on the ground.

i think el cap (and zodiac) is still a fairly difficult route, (even after i got through with it..

.. someone once told me that clean climbing is for pussies -- (someone with a rather large FA resume.. hmm) ..

.. anyways .. i think we can agree to disagree on this one ..

.. since i believe that i did the best job i could on a route that is still acceptable to nail (specially since i only nailed 12 or 13 pins) .. btw -- Zodiac is NOT a clean route .. the supertaco says so.. :-)

-- ricardo

willstrickland said:

RicardoLagos said:

-- ricardo

ugh -- the worst part about your post is that it assumes that i was trying to accomplish the same thing that you and your partner were out to accomplish ...

.. news flash.. thats not the way the world works .. you dont have to live up to other people's standards .. set your own -- be comfortable with them .. and go for them ..

.. my standards were to

1 - survive

2 - do the route as clean as possible

in that order ..

.. your standard is not the one everyone else has to climb by ..

-- ricardo

RicardoLagos said:

i'm surprised that you dont talk about the "ethics" of your own ascent -- you didn't carry your own gear up to the base -- (i did) .. you didn;t carry all of your gear off the climb (i did) .. so whats up?! ..

.. you want to talk smack -- should have done it when you found me on the valley floor .. -- oh -- and had you tride to hit me then -- i would have pasted you all over the parking lot -- -- ricardo

First point...yeah, we had plenty of help carrying loads to the base, 3 helpers to be exact. I didn't climb pitches 1-2 either as my partner and his original partner had already fixed them.

Second, I don't know how you figure I didn't carry my gear down? I made two trips up the ledges to get stuff. One trip two days after we topped out(incapaciated partner required coming back for the gear) when you were topping out. On that trip I went up with an Irish climber from camp (because my partner was still incapacitated) and we carried down just about everything. Unfortunately, I had to leave the shit bucket because my haul bag was full of ropes and hardwear and Johnny refused to carry it. I went back up three days later to retrieve the shit bucket, which someone had apparently already carried down becasue I couldn't find it. I spent about two hours up there collecting random trash and empty water bottles and carried it down, I also made a sweep of the base and picked up almost a full backpack's worth of trash from the west-side two days after that.

As for the boxing_smiley.gif anytime, any place and we'll see who gets pasted shithead. You'll be able to find me in C4 just about any fall in late Sept early Oct.

ricardolagos said:

for the record .. i placed about 12 pins total ..

7 pins on the black tower -- 3 or 4 of those below the tip of the tower .. 4 or 3 of them above the tip of the tower. They were pretty bomber pins. This pitch is a C3FR pitch .. and if you blow it you might have some hospital bills .. (ask the guy who broke his pelvis back in may about it) ..

normally i don't give a rats fuck about little cat fight like you two are having right now. but i decided to step in and smack you down like a little biatch. what the fuck is your point donkey? what the fuck do you expect? go on C3 and clip bolts every 7 ft? let me put it in simple terms for you sizzlechest: nailing a clean (and now a free) pitch is like taking a chisle to a sport climb and manufacture holds after the FA. simple. i don't give a flying fuck about your motivation or experience as a climber. in any case nailing a free/clean route or pitch is FUCKING LAME. there is plenty of routes in yosemite to learn aid climbing. so why don't you start with something easier, something you can do.

my advice laddy- stay in the fucking gym- it's where the fuck you belong. don't continue, you're over your fucking head. learn the techniques and develop as a climber.

glassgowkiss said:

ricardolagos said:

for the record .. i placed about 12 pins total ..

7 pins on the black tower -- 3 or 4 of those below the tip of the tower .. 4 or 3 of them above the tip of the tower. They were pretty bomber pins. This pitch is a C3FR pitch .. and if you blow it you might have some hospital bills .. (ask the guy who broke his pelvis back in may about it) ..

normally i don't give a rats fuck about little cat fight like you two are having right now. but i decided to step in and smack you down like a little biatch. what the fuck is your point donkey? what the fuck do you expect? go on C3 and clip bolts every 7 ft? let me put it in simple terms for you sizzlechest: nailing a clean (and now a free) pitch is like taking a chisle to a sport climb and manufacture holds after the FA. simple. i don't give a flying fuck about your motivation or experience as a climber. in any case nailing a free/clean route or pitch is FUCKING LAME. there is plenty of routes in yosemite to learn aid climbing. so why don't you start with something easier, something you can do.

my advice laddy- stay in the fucking gym- it's where the fuck you belong.

thumbs_up.gif I completely agree with you g. I think it is great that Ricardo pushed himself, but to go and start pounding pins in a route that 99% of everyone who does it does it clean is just plain wrong. Push yourself within your own limits of your ability, and know-how. If you can't climb C3, climb the nose...

And as far as the gear, this has been a great debate, I hope it keeps up well into the night to keep me amused. Better than watching TV. Everybody leaves some gear here and there, and the guy was nice enough to give a bit back, but then he complains about hauling it up the rock. Why not leave the stinking piece then...

RicardoLagos said:

willstrickland said:

RicardoLagos said:

-- ricardo

ugh -- the worst part about your post is that it assumes that i was trying to accomplish the same thing that you and your partner were out to accomplish ...

.. news flash.. thats not the way the world works .. you dont have to live up to other people's standards .. set your own -- be comfortable with them .. and go for them ..

.. my standards were to

1 - survive

2 - do the route as clean as possible

in that order ..

.. your standard is not the one everyone else has to climb by ..

-- ricardo

You're a fucking cunt. How 'bout I beat the shit out of your favorite handcrack? Those are my standards. Are you comfortable with that?

The goals, shithead, are as follows:

1) Leave the house

2) Get back to the house.

3) Do the route in BETTER style than the party before you.

You're a piece of shit, and your attitude sucks. Any douchebag, with enough stupidity, can bash their way up anything. You're a loser in a sea of losers.

MY goodness!

Such behavior on the internet?

If I was either of your mothers i'd wash your mouth out with soap (or gotten out the coathanger long ago).

1. Ricardo, you have a gay sounding name so you are discredited already.

2.Will, you're obviously into this dude, but props for not backing down and being the beta-male just to avoid confrontation.

3.Send all gear in question to me and I will decide (in time) who gets it.

4.aid climbing is totally aid, esp nailing. haven't you learned???

ahhh who cares???

Shit...he whacked a couple o' pins in BEFORE it became a free route from der Huber Bruders...

Seems like mr. strickland is just pissed he was at the mercy of the guy for giving his gear back and is subsequently railing him...threatening to beat the guy up cuz YOU left your gear behind? Fuck that shit, you dumbass...don't leave stuff behind and expect it back...the newbie climber brought the stuff back for you and gave it back...you play all nice nice to get it and THEN flip him shit on the internet??? FAG!

RuMR said:

ahhh who cares???

Shit...he whacked a couple o' pins in BEFORE it became a free route from der Huber Bruders...

Seems like mr. strickland is just pissed he was at the mercy of the guy for giving his gear back and is subsequently railing him...threatening to beat the guy up cuz YOU left your gear behind? Fuck that shit, you dumbass...don't leave stuff behind and expect it back...the newbie climber brought the stuff back for you and gave it back...you play all nice nice to get it and THEN flip him shit on the internet??? FAG!

fuck jah that's what i'm talking about!