What are your 3 big objectives for the winter?

dberdinka

So really whats so wrong with some full on chestbeating?

Dru suggested it and I'm running with it.

I'm gonna hit first try.....

Cottontail Tower in the Fish.

Hooking up with my ropegun.

Direct North Face of Dragontail.

These are the WI3 runnels directly below the third coulior. I predict this will be as popular in 03/04 as Triple-Couliors was in 02/03.

A solo, winter second-ascent of the Nesakwatch Notch route on North Nesakwatch Spire, aiding directly out of the notch with a bivi on the chockstone. Or maybe I'll just go skiing....

Feel free to call me on my bullshit come April.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A solo, winter second-ascent of the Nesakwatch Notch route on North Nesakwatch Spire, aiding directly out of the notch with a bivi on the chockstone. Or maybe I'll just go skiing....

i'm gonna send with no chockstone bivi so there boxing_smiley.gifboxing_smiley.gif

The following projects are conditions dependent:

1) Sailor Bar Gully

2) Jackass

3) Crucible

yellaf.gif

If we have a "normal" winter then I will probably try to climb some stuff in the Chilliwack and Skagit areas or in Golden Ears park area if I can get a week off during good stability conditions. It seems though that when you get normal winter condish the stability is all during the week and forecast hazard goes up to High or Extreme on Friday PM as it starts snowing..

marylou said:

cracked said:

marylou said:

2. Randonee 101

That one's easy. Put skins on skis. Walk uphill. Take off skins. Ski down. wave.gif

The hardest part so far is how much Randonee gear costs. Yow! cry.gif

Buy used. I got a rando set-up at a used gear store in Hood River (second wind?) that included poles, skis, skins and bindings for $125. I used my mountaineering boots.

The learning curve is brutal.

And my three objectives this winter:

1. Yocum

2. NF Hood

3. Triple Couloirs

and maybe watusi rodeo if conditions warrant it.

dberdinka said:

These are the WI3 runnels directly below the third coulior. I predict this will be as popular in 03/04 as Triple-Couliors was in 02/03.

I'm getting the same vibe on this one, I've talked to several that have this on their tick list - including me. tongue.gif I've also heard talk of some adventuring up above the 2nd c. and left of the 3rd where paco did some soloing last year.

Here's mine ...

1. NF direct dragontail

2. ne slab tooth

3. lead a wi5 shocked.gif

I'll break the rules and include a 4. Get timL wave.gif to do the bolted mixed routes at alpental on a warm and rainy day before any ice forms. wink.gif

jja said:

dberdinka said:

I'm getting the same vibe on this one, I've talked to several that have this on their tick list - including me. tongue.gif I've also heard talk of some adventuring up above the 2nd c. and left of the 3rd where paco did some soloing last year.

Here's mine ...

1. NF direct dragontail

2. ne slab tooth

3. lead a wi5 shocked.gif

I'll break the rules and include a 4. Get timL wave.gif to do the bolted mixed routes at alpental on a warm and rainy day before any ice forms. wink.gif

I'll belay you on the WI5! wave.gif