one more place cell phones don't belong

minx

the same 3 people bring their cell phones to work, leave them on there desk in the cube farm, set the ringers to obnoxious and then go to the lab. countless times a day those phones ring w/o being answered.

what would you do? i've politely mentioned and shoving them up the asses of the respective owners seem like it might cause a rift with my coworkers. any creative ideas?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

erik said:

IGNORE IT. PHONES RING ALL DAY. YOU ARE WEAK TO LET SOMETHING SO PETTY TO ANNOY YOU.

my goodness, thanks so much for the helpful advice tongue.gif

i can easily ignore the normal phones. the cell phones w/ringers set on super load going off at 5 min intervals when i'm trying to focus on something other than cc.com aren't annoying they're painfully disruptive. hard to do some tasks when you're distracted.

but again, thanks for the the thoughtful input tongue.gifwave.gif

"hi, bob's phone"

"oh hi mrs. bob, no bob's not here right now"

"what? where is he? he and amber went to lunch"

"yeah it is almost 4. gee they have been gone a while"

"yeah, they do seem to spend a lot of lunches together"

"have a nice day mrs. bob"

minx said:

"hi, bob's phone"

"oh hi mrs. bob, no bob's not here right now"

"what? where is he? he and amber went to lunch"

"yeah it is almost 4. gee they have been gone a while"

"yeah, they do seem to spend a lot of lunches together"

"have a nice day mrs. bob"

evils3d.gif now you have the idea

wig out on em. get medieval on their ass. throw a fit and dare them to leave their ringing cell phone where you can reach it just one more goddam time.

evils3d.gif

and a cockblocker is someone who will try and mack on any available woman that comes round just so no other dude can get a chance.

...which makes you wonder how a conversation between 900 numbers would be. pretty f'ing amusing I bet. maybe call up some dial-a-pron and miss cleo, then the free avalanche hotline, tape the phones together and sit back with a beer. see there is a positive side to every situation minx

iain said:

DUH! call 3 900 numbers at the same time! Score!

yelrotflmao.gif

You are so cool!

yelrotflmao.gif

put the at the bottom of their trash can and when they have to call their own phone to find it they will think, hhhmmmm maybe I should carry this thing with me next time i leave...

marylou said:

Turn them off. If someone asks you how their phone got turned off, nicely tell them that you did it, as they must have left it on "by accident." They will get the idea, and you won't have to listen to their damn phones ring all day.

The best option. I leave mine on and go to the lab just like you mentioned. But I dont work in a cubicle so it's not bothering others as much as mentioned. Only snoops or people looking to make an excuse to get bothered.

iain said:

DUH! call 3 900 numbers at the same time! Score!

could you give me the ones of your speed dial? i don't know any 900 numbers hahaha.gif

actually that would be pretty funny.

marylou the point was that i have tried subtle and polite options. it's not working. and really, who needs to hear the william tell overture performed by a cell phone ringer?!?!

of course it makes it stop ringing.

the point is that this happens day after day. i really don't think it should be necessary that i go around and turn off people's phone's each day.

apparently, being subtle isn't working. i was hoping for some humorous, creative suggestions that might make the point a little more strongly.

the next one is going under the plunger! grin.gif

ummm, sugar,

i believe if i have not mentioned specificly it was certainly implied that i have tried the polite approach. i've asked nicely, i've turned off the phones, etc.

point being it continues to happen. it was a long shot but i thought some of the cc.com wankers might have some creative ideas.

so now you can kindly stfu and go away wave.gif