PDX rock?

layton

I posted something in climbing partners too.

Just moved here and I don't know squat.

What's good and where is it:

rock,

ice,

hiking,

biking,

running,

bars,

gear shops,

rock gyms,

fitness gyms,

good chow,

etc...

I live in the NE part of town near the meth labs and the chiropractic college that I now attend.

Need partners too!

Any info is much appreciated!!!! wave.gif

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meth Labs? I thought those were all out in Clackamas & Sandy!

If your looking for climbing - Rocky Butte (84 & 205) is close to you - our head out to Broughton's Bluff (84 & the Sandy River)

Try Spaceroom (or bog - but worse drinks) on Hawthorne if your into drinks.....

rock = beacon, broughton, rocky butte and bouldering on the fortress if short on time.

ice = hardly never. gorge sometimes. hood in december.

hiking = gorge, hood.

biking = forest park, powell butte, hood river.

running = forest park, away from the meth dealers.

bars = lot's, depends on your hood.

gear shops = climbaxe for climbing, us outdoor for skiis, next adventure for budget.

rock gyms = portland rock gym in SE.

fitness gyms = dunno.

good chow = in NE - la siranita for burritoes, bellafacia for slices, yam yams for grits.

NE is where to be if you pick the right spot.

bigdrink.gif

cj001f said:

Try Spaceroom

heh, will strickland and i went there a few years back!! ruined the whole next day!!! i puked twice on the way to my grandma's weding! hahaha.gif

beacon is the place to go layton. i have not been to the other places(well rock butte, but i was a kid looking to vadalize and just fuck shit up!!!

and then there is this cool climbing place about 5 hours north of you called the n cascades!!!

yellaf.gif

You must live in outer NE portland.

In addition to that listed by others I might add the following:

rock=carver

ice=freezer

hiking=clackamas gorge

biking=oaks bottom

running=my favorite loops is waterfront park through oaks bottom and back through johns landing

bars=depends on your flava.

b-rock said:

Ahhh, I see, Western State Chiropractic, eh? You almost live in Gresham there buddy shocked.gif

Is there a problem with being in/from Gresham? mad.gif

Micheal, face it your screwed until you can get baq north!. The one thing I will promise to do is turn you on to I-rock this fall/winter. you have to spy the conditions for me though and I will show. There are topos at climax I can show you tonight at sharma-fest

Climb at Beacon Rock!!

There are some great hikes in the Columbia river gorge if you find a trail not overrun by tourons. But they're probably thinning out now. Besides, if you go more than 2 miles then you'll be by yourself anyways!! They only go to the closest waterfall possible and then turn around... yellaf.gif

Go to Hood River. Only an hour away. Good beer there. Learn to windsurf!!! or kiteboard!!

Have fun! fruit.gif

Broughton Bluff at Lewis and Clark SP is pretty sweet. The crag is clean, especially compared to the butt and there are some stellar routes there too. If your gonna make the trip out to Hood River though, then head up to Bulo Point There are some nice bolted routes there, the only problem is the road in.