Martin Volken talks tonight at REI

Beck

Hi all, just read in the Times that Marrin Volken's giving a talk tonight at 7pm at the main REI store on "skiing Snoqualamie Pass"- I think he's got a new edition of his Backcountry guidebook out or something. In addition, he might drop some beta on the upcoming Randonee Rally his store's sponsering with Lifelink up at the pass March 31

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know there are many of you out there that somehow think that giving a talk at a store or a slideshow is selling out to the evil corporate empire of the retail outdoor industry...but I say bullshit.

and I am sure you will just jump in and slam martin for doing these things...call him a sell out for writing a book, slam him for guiding, etc.

I don't care that Martin is going to be pushing his new book or his guide service.

More power to him. Go Martin, Go!!!

Don't take me too seriously...I don't.

[big Drink]

Erik:

Well, actually I would say my feelings were hurt....but your point is well taken. I seriously debated whether I should respond...but had to take it.

I am not seeking to inflame, just point out the similarities...yes, I know there are differences too.

Anyway...sorry if I am pissing people off. Just having fun.

So Erik my brother, I will take your advice.....and stop kicking the deadhorse.

(we need a dead horse icon for these types of occaisions) [big Drink]

[ 02-21-2002: Message edited by: Rodchester ]

How dare you spread rumors about a nice woman like Martha ... Martha and Emeril are close personal friends of mine... Emeril did the cooking at my wedding... I think the reason Martha Stewart and Emeril never post anything on this board is because of libellous, slanderous statements like the one Rodchester just made. Anyways as i was saying to Martha just the other day (in bed) "you know I hate those cc.commers anyways" and she said "Me too because they are so mean."

www.marthastewart.com this is my friends website you should check it out. tongue.gif" border="0tongue.gif" border="0tongue.gif" border="0tongue.gif" border="0tongue.gif" border="0tongue.gif" border="0tongue.gif" border="0tongue.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by Beck:
Hi all, just read in the Times that Marrin Volken's giving a talk tonight at 7pm at the main REI store on "skiing Snoqualamie Pass"- I think he's got a new edition of his Backcountry guidebook out or something. In addition, he might drop some beta on the upcoming Randonee Rally his store's sponsering with Lifelink up at the pass March 31

Isn't he the guy who made Alpine Trekkers famous? rolleyes.gif" border="0

Hey Beck,Did you like the little slideshow? Did he sell you a little Swiss Sew on patch for you pack? Do you still ski like shit? Go hang your ass off a seacliff in a diaper.

rat, now that's the kind of reply that makes me proud. good job. but like i said before, the capital letters are a giveaway---lose 'em for authenticity's sake.

the real distempered two-faced piece of shit rat

[ 02-24-2002: Message edited by: rat ]