Shell Recommendations?

Jopa

I'm in the market for a new rain shell. Can anyone recommend a good shell for climbing/moutaineering besides Arc'Teryx (I'd rather not take out a loan). It would be nice if it were compactable too. My current shell is so bulky that when it's in my pack it takes up way too much space. Has anyone had any luck with any of the MEC shells?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

good cheap one is the marmot precip. costs like 99buck or sumpin. super lite and basic. does not "breath" was well of other fabrics and is prolly not the most durable(read chimeney or o/w climbing) but overall for the price and features it is a def reccomend.

and i have an arcteryx beta ar on sale now for super cheap!

practically brand new!

Swing by the OR Store. I think they're discontinuing their Pulsar Jacket. It won't fold up to be super small as it's full on GoreTex, but anything in the same class would be the same. It's way pricey retail, but it's marked down to be affordable. For a full on rain shell, it's the shizzy thumbs_up.gif

Sierra Designs Alpine Start served me well all last winter. Nice and light, 3-layer fake gore-text. I got mine at TJ Maxx, go figure tongue.gif

Or if you're a mens medium, I have a blue North Face gore-tex to offload. Couple years old, with all the bells and whistles ($400 retail). Too much jacket for me. And too big. Price negotiable.