• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Necronomicon said:

I_2SUNDA.JPG

Necro/scot'

Ursa isn't a Mountie, he even said so.

What I don't understand is why this shit bothers you so. You are obsessed with the shorts over polypro and these gumbies, but so what? They look like dorks, they dress like dorks, but they aren't hogging your slab or were you planning a little slab practice yo'self? Lighten up man, at least they aren't sitting around stuffing potato chips and wasting oxygen absorbing those noxious fumes coming out of the couch. Maybe they don't climb at your level, but big fucking deal.

Maybe one day they'll be important allies in an access issue or some other thing that is important to you. Its Friday, time to chill and have a cold one. bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif

BTW are these photos out of your personal collection?

wave.gifwave.gifwave.gifthe_finger.gif

Alpinfox said:

Dustin_B said:

Uhm y'all are forgetting that this these aren't pictures from a 'climbing' course; this is a scrambling course

The mountainears teach a "scrambling" course???

yellaf.gifyelrotflmao.gifyellaf.gifyelrotflmao.gifyellaf.gif

yep, reread the first couple pages of the thread. It is very popular, dare I say more so than the basic climbing course ?!

I_2SUNDA.JPG

Dicknut,

You and Ursula_Dickbiter are apologists of a cloth more crude than these mountie turds that you defend. Just looking at the trampled earth under the feet of this sickening clot of subhuman organic corruption is justification enough for despising them. Do you see any grass? These clumsy urbanites, stuggling to connect with nature while having something to gloat about back at the cubicle hive, have turned "Mountaineers Dome" into a disgusting patch of filth remeniscient of Chilliwack.

Dustin_B said:

Dru said:

since when do you have to take a course to learn how to scramble? confused.gif

Since when do you have to take a course to learn how to climb? wazzup.gif

You dont take a course to learn how to climb but rather how to learn to use the equipment ie tying knots, putting harness on placing gear etc you learn to climb by climbing.

You don't use gear to scramble wazzup.gifwave.gif weird dirt rappels aside. If you are going on a scramble route you shouldn't need to use gear - if you do you should have chosen an easier route within your ability or gone HIKING.

Maybe they teach people how to hike too?

The funniest thing about these photos is that I have a photo hidden away somewhere that is far lamer and more pathetic. We were hiking around Mt. Adams just after high school and I wanted to get a photo that made it look like I was doing something roughly akin to technical climbing, despite the fact that it would be years before I even begin to do anything more than hike and scramble.

The only problem was that there was not much in the way of dramatic terrain around, so I wrapped the half-assed laundry-cord type rope around me in an immitation dulfersitz and leaned back onto the 30 degree scree slope while instructing my friend to cut the photo off at my knees so I that all the viewer would see was the panorama in the distance behind me, not the mild scree slope that I was actually on.

Imagine my dissapointment when the photo came back and clearly showed me pretending to rappell while standing on a modest hillock of scree while desperately trying to look like I was a serious mountaineer, in a serious mountaineering situation, complete with the look of grim focus and determination on my face, despite the setting. These photos don't even come close to approaching that level of gayness, so my pseudo-rapell shot still reigns supreme. I wish I had a scanner so that I post that shot and put all of these people in their place.....

B_SLABS9.JPG

It's a fake.

This picture wasn't even taken outside. This is clearly the REI Flagship Footwear section. The "slab" they are walking on is not granite, it is plastic. The "experienced instructors" are actually REI sales people vying for the commission on a pair of $400 North Face "Nuptse" (or insert native sounding name of choice here) boots. The trees and other things in the background are a combination of cloth backdrops and plastic features REI places in-store to make the customer feel at home.

Congrats on your first trip to REI Scot, must have been a special moment for you rolleyes.gif

Necronomicon said:

Dicknut,

You and Ursula_Dickbiter are apologists of a cloth more crude than these mountie turds that you defend. Just looking at the trampled earth under the feet of this sickening clot of subhuman organic corruption is justification enough for despising them. Do you see any grass? These clumsy urbanites, stuggling to connect with nature while having something to gloat about back at the cubicle hive, have turned "Mountaineers Dome" into a disgusting patch of filth remeniscient of Chilliwack.

Necro

Nice try at spray, got a chip on your shoulder? Can't spray harder than that? Some Mountie group barf on your rope? Or were you abused by Eric's sheep? I never apologized for these dorks, I just said lighten up. While I doubt that this group had any more than passing involvement in compacting the soil and abusing the vegetation at the site in the photo, you point is well taken. FROM HERE ON ALL CC.COM CLIMBERS, ALLIES, HANGER-ONERS, AND DINGLEBERRIES ARE REQUIRED TO AVOID APPROACH HIKES, CONGREGATING AT THE BASE OF CRAGS AND MOUNTAINS, AND ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED FROM CAMPING OUT OF DOORS OR ANYTHING ELSE THAT MIGHT EFFECT THE NATURAL ENVIRONMENT BY ORDER OF NECRO THE MAGNIFICANT.

BTW, I am sure that you only eat vegan meals grown by third world liberated and empowered peasants, own clothes with no synthetic or animal origin materials, and eat your own feces so you'll have no impact on the Earth. Get off your fucking high horse.