Prison Crowding Solution

allthumbs

E-rock said:

...and fair shake from society...

No offense to you, E-rock, you're not the only one who says this, but this is the hugest crock of SHIT I have ever heard. What the fuck is a "fair shake from society"? Did "society" force this guy to take drugs, steal your identity, etc.? The notion of a "society" granting a "fair shake" is unimaginable. As individuals that make up a "society", do we all get together and decide that E-rock's friend should get a "fair shake"? At the group meeting, we agreed that Trask will give E-rock's friend a job down at the hardware store because he "deserves a fair shake", not because he's qualified. Also, we agreed that Robbob would rent E-rock's friend his converted garage for next to nothing, because E-rock's had "a tough go of it" being an addict and all. Towards the end of the night, it was decided by the group that Sisu Suomi would sell E-rock's friend his old Toyota pickup for less than blue book, well, to help this poor guy out who's never had a "fair shake from society."

What a load of crap. Pull yourself out of the gutter, CHOOSE to get a job and be productive, and make something of yourself.

Greg_W

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Greg_W said:

E-rock said:

...and fair shake from society...

No offense to you, E-rock, you're not the only one who says this, but this is the hugest crock of SHIT I have ever heard. What the fuck is a "fair shake from society"? Did "society" force this guy to take drugs, steal your identity, etc.? The notion of a "society" granting a "fair shake" is unimaginable. As individuals that make up a "society", do we all get together and decide that E-rock's friend should get a "fair shake"? At the group meeting, we agreed that Trask will give E-rock's friend a job down at the hardware store because he "deserves a fair shake", not because he's qualified. Also, we agreed that Robbob would rent E-rock's friend his converted garage for next to nothing, because E-rock's had "a tough go of it" being an addict and all. Towards the end of the night, it was decided by the group that Sisu Suomi would sell E-rock's friend his old Toyota pickup for less than blue book, well, to help this poor guy out who's never had a "fair shake from society."

What a load of crap. Pull yourself out of the gutter, CHOOSE to get a job and be productive, and make something of yourself.

Greg_W

Kinda harsh, Greg. People do things like this for each other everyday. Just because you're not the kind of person who wants to, doesn't mean others don't. But what I mean by "fair shake" is that I don't think he deserves to go to prison and recieve Trask's "prison-overcrowding final solution".

People do choose to take drugs, but they don't choose the addiction. You've met me, I'd even say that you like me, hell I think you're a swell guy. But would you believe that I almost took a wrong turn when that guy was my "friend" and almost got started shooting smack. I'm a stronger person than that now. I was then , just barely. Drug addiction is a physical illness that usually begins because of some other physical/mental illness such as depression. Noone chooses to be a junky.

I think you guys should move to Japan en masse. No crime, great working ethic, and it would do you good to be exposed to non-American ideals. I'll chip in for a part of Trask's plane ticket myself, who's with me? If we get enough for sending Miss Normandy too then trasky will be all over it.

E-rock said:

Kinda harsh, Greg. People do things like this for each other everyday. Just because you're not the kind of person who wants to, doesn't mean others don't. But what I mean by "fair shake" is that I don't think he deserves to go to prison and recieve Trask's "prison-overcrowding final solution".

People do choose to take drugs, but they don't choose the addiction. You've met me, I'd even say that you like me, hell I think you're a swell guy. But would you believe that I almost took a wrong turn when that guy was my "friend" and almost got started shooting smack. I'm a stronger person than that now. I was then , just barely. Drug addiction is a physical illness that usually begins because of some other physical/mental illness such as depression. Noone chooses to be a junky.

It is harsh, E; but the world is a hard place. I NEVER said I would not help someone; I help people when I can. However, the difference is I CHOOSE whom I help, and when. What I am against is the government taking my money and then "helping" these people who will not even help themselves.

Regarding addiction, this is where we fundamentally disagree. I cannot believe, especially with all the awareness information that has circulated for the past 20+ years, that people have no clue that what they are doing to their bodies results in addiction and other horrible consequences. What you are doing is saying that these people are not responsible for what they are doing. We are all responsible for our actions and the results they create; believe me, I have fucked up many things in my life as a result of my actions. An individual CHOOSES to take drugs, just like I CHOOSE not to take drugs. There is no "I didn't know, I'm an innocent victim of addiction."

I am extremely glad that you averted that lifestyle choice, E-rock; the result of that choice has made you into a very cool guy. thumbs_up.gif Your friend made some bad choices, and he is reaping the consequences.

fleblebleb said:

I think you guys should move to Japan en masse. No crime, great working ethic, and it would do you good to be exposed to non-American ideals. I'll chip in for a part of Trask's plane ticket myself, who's with me? If we get enough for sending Miss Normandy too then trasky will be all over it.

No guns, rampant alcoholism, I'd be 3' taller than everyone. Where's the fun in that? Go back to Iceland, toadstool. the_finger.gif

Greg, I respect your opinion and I'll leave it at that, even though I do disagree.

One minor point I'd like to make is that much of the "awareness education" out there about drugs is nothing more than sensationalized propoganda. Sure there is a lot of useful, factual information we can gain but much of that information that is forced upon our children is bullshit. I don't want to start a debate on the topic, so I ain't gonna post again, but one of the BIGGIES is the idea that marijuana is a gateway drug.

E-rock said:

One minor point I'd like to make is that much of the "awareness education" out there about drugs is nothing more than sensationalized propoganda. Sure there is a lot of useful, factual information we can gain but much of that information that is forced upon our children is bullshit. I don't want to start a debate on the topic, so I ain't gonna post again, but one of the BIGGIES is the idea that marijuana is a gateway drug.

Hey, I listened to Nancy Reagan in the '80's. What happened to everybody else? wink.giftongue.gif

Okay, I lied.

One funny tidbit of that propoganda. The Mormon, Republican Senator from Utah, Orrin Hatch put out a "public service brochure" on drug addiction for parents in Utah. One of the warning signs that your child may be using drugs in the brochure is an irrational and sudden interest in social issues and an increasing liberal political attitude. yellaf.gif

Muffy_The_Wanker_Sprayer said:

E-rock said:

I wouldn't doubt if those were in the brochure too.

I thought the sings were wearing black clothes and listen to loud music

confused.gif

no that's when you grab your legal weapons and spray down some jocks in colorado

iain said:

E-rock said:

confused.gif

no that's when you grab your legal weapons and spray down some jocks in colorado

"spray down"? Not hardly, bro. rolleyes.gif Yes, legal weapons, but purchased illegally by a "straw" buyer.

trask said:

. . . criminal attorney

I think this is redundant.

As for killing all felons, I think thats a pretty funny troll. The idea of not giving someone a chance to pay for their mistakes and making a better person of themself pretty much runs counter to the tenets of the democracy our founding fathers had in mind. It also makes us pretty ugly as humans and eliminates the chance that someone can be rehabilitated and contribute to the social framework. Whats better? To kill an innocent man by accident or to rid society of all felons?

No one is forced to live in this country. If you don't want to support the social programs we have then move--or change them.

I have a story about someone very close to me. Some of you might even know him. He was a pretty fucked up kid, angry in many ways and decided to join the army right out of high school because he wanted to kill someone. He had a shitty attitude and as a result landed his ass in a military stockade where he served a few months for a non-violent offense yet still a felony (federal offense). Whilst in there and not working his ass off at forced labor he had lots of time to think. He decided that he didn't like what he had become and what he had done with his life so he changed. When he got out he finished his enlistment and surprisingly enough received an honorable discharge and was a decorated soldier. He went to school, got a good job, paid beaucoup taxes and even worked on several political campaigns and issues. Aside from the occasional speeding ticket he's been a pretty good chap.

Under your system, Greg & Crew, I'd be dead.

iain said:

E-rock said:

confused.gif

I guess I was dating myself... that kind of stuff didn't happen when I was in high school

Greg_W said:

fleblebleb said:

No guns, rampant alcoholism, I'd be 3' taller than everyone. Where's the fun in that? Go back to Iceland, toadstool. the_finger.gif

Fine, no Japan, how about Switzerland then, pissface? moon.gif No crime, great working ethic, more guns than you can shake a stick at, kick ass beer and cheese and chocolate for the ladies, and if you leave the Hawaii shirts behind then you'd look just like everybody else. Or, take them with and you'll look like an E poppin, disco dancin Euro boy. Whatever you prefer.

If that doesn't work for you just chime back and I can suggest something else.