Good rock climbers don't live in Washington...

offwidthclimber

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

BEST PLACE FOR ESPRESSO IS THE BOX ON THE EAST END OF GOLDBAR WITH THE LITTLE HOTTIE DRIVING THE BLAZER!!! FREE COFFEE IF YOU ANSWER THE TRIVIA!! PLUS SHE SMOKED A JOINT WITH US AND TOLD US WE WERE COOL!!!

AND THE COFFEE IS OKAY TOO, I GUESS!

you guys are trying the reverse psychology, "oh don't throw me in that briar patch" approach to get me to avoid index cause you know I would own the crag and your weak, softly graded routes would bow down before me....

well, it works, I'm going alpine climbing this weekend snaf.gifsnaf.gifsnaf.gif Index is safe for now. yellaf.gif

Peter_Puget said:

I hate sounding like a broken record but I believe the reason that no good rock climbers live in Washington is simply due to the lack of a ROCK CLIMBING FORUM in which to discuss their amazing feats!

PP bigdrink.gif

rolleyes.gif BORING!

Dru said:

you guys are trying the reverse psychology, "oh don't throw me in that briar patch" approach to get me to avoid index cause you know I would own the crag and your weak, softly graded routes would bow down before me....

well, it works, I'm going alpine climbing this weekend snaf.gifsnaf.gifsnaf.gif Index is safe for now. yellaf.gif

One word: Saggitarius

E-rock said:

Dru said:

One word: Saggitarius

LEO actually. snaf.gif but with Snafflhundus in the ascendant.

SQUAMISH: bouldering. INDEX: no bouldering worth speaking of

There is excellent bouldering in the area including several Columbia boulder size rocks.

SQUAMISH: sport routes of all grades 5.6-5.14c INDEX: only 5.11 and up basically; no 5.14s

True. Wasn’t the first 5.14 in BC put up by a Wa climber?

SQUAMISH: over 1,000 pitches of TRAD from 1 to 23 pitches in length including WORLD CLASSICS. INDEX: a few hundred pitches of trad, multipitch is only 5-6 p. long unless you count Mt Baring. heavily concentrated in the 5.10 to 5.12 range

I bet there are over 1,000 pitches at Index. Didn’t the guy who put up the first .11 in Squamish (which turned out to be a 12) move to the states? Please name the world classics!

SQUAMISH: clean on popular routes. INDEX: vegetated/mossy on even semipopular routes

Most routes are clean

SQUAMISH: a town to hang out in INDEX: a quarry converted to redneckville to camp out in

It was a sad day when the Index Tavern closed

SQUAMISH REST DAY ACTIVITY: windsurf, mountainbike, hike, smoke good Canadian weed. INDEX REST DAY ACTIVITY: Reptile Zoo.

Reptile Man will be at my house on 8/4 come on over!

SQUAMISH AID: about 2 dozen routes from 1-12 pitches and C1 to A4+. INDEX AID: mostly single pitch, dirty, or aiding free routes

Lots of aid routes at Index most several pitches long but (even better) still lots of easily accessible FAs to be done! Wasn’t the Black Dyke climbed by guys from WA?

Only a few OWs at Index too. Wasn't the hardest OW at Squamish done by WA climbers?

DC

DCramer said:

SQUAMISH: bouldering. INDEX: no bouldering worth speaking of

There is excellent bouldering in the area including several Columbia boulder size rocks.

but is there bouldering, like, established problems? how many? Squamish has 1,500 V0- to V13 yellaf.gif

SQUAMISH: sport routes of all grades 5.6-5.14c INDEX: only 5.11 and up basically; no 5.14s

True. Wasn’t the first 5.14 in BC put up by a Wa climber?no it was put up by Jim Sandford, mullet wearer

SQUAMISH: over 1,000 pitches of TRAD from 1 to 23 pitches in length including WORLD CLASSICS. INDEX: a few hundred pitches of trad, multipitch is only 5-6 p. long unless you count Mt Baring. heavily concentrated in the 5.10 to 5.12 range

I bet there are over 1,000 pitches at Index. Didn’t the guy who put up the first .11 in Squamish (which turned out to be a 12)huh? first 12 was put up by visiting Australian Nic Peart (left side of the split in 75) and rated 5.10+

SQUAMISH: clean on popular routes. INDEX: vegetated/mossy on even semipopular routes

"Most" routes are cleannice try rolleyes.gif

SQUAMISH: a town to hang out in INDEX: a quarry converted to redneckville to camp out in

It was a sad day when the Index Tavern closed

SQUAMISH REST DAY ACTIVITY: windsurf, mountainbike, hike, smoke good Canadian weed. INDEX REST DAY ACTIVITY: Reptile Zoo.

Reptile Man will be at my house on 8/4 come on over! mushsmile.gif

SQUAMISH AID: about 2 dozen routes from 1-12 pitches and C1 to A4+. INDEX AID: mostly single pitch, dirty, or aiding free routes

Lots of aid routes at Index most several pitches long but (even better) still lots of easily accessible FAs to be done! Wasn’t the Black Dyke climbed by guys from WA?Ya, one route, so what? It was FREED by a BC local anyhow.also for new route potential, Squamish has loads more than Index with several whole walls hardly touched

Only a few OWs at Index too.

DC

boxing_smiley.gifboxing_smiley.gifboxing_smiley.gif

huh? first 12 was put up by visiting Australian Nic Peart (left side of the split in 75) and rated 5.10+

Squamish ratings seem to move like the stock averages! Left side .12! Amazing. Who’d have thunk it! I was thinking of Sentry Box!

Sentry Box was freed by CANADIAN Eric Weinstein who later moved to California. I know he did some American climbing and may even have been born in America but your pathetic attempt to claim him as one of you is exposed for what it is. boxing_smiley.gifboxing_smiley.gifboxing_smiley.gif Why next thing you will be trying to pretend Neil Young is an American yellaf.gif

Dru said:

Sentry Box was freed by CANADIAN Eric Weinstein who later moved to California. is. boxing_smiley.gifboxing_smiley.gifboxing_smiley.gif Why next thing you will be trying to pretend Neil Young is an American yellaf.gif

No wonder SB it felt soft for the grade. If someone from Index put it up it would be rated 11c or easier. Same thing with the Daily Planet.

i can't help it if you guys have an inadequacy complex and have to pretend your routes are hard for the grade in order to feel special. if you guys are so shit hot maybe you can either 1) repeat city park free for what, first washington free ascent, or 2) repeat Genius Loci on the Chief, its only rated 12b, that's like 11b at Index rigght rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

Climbers tend to gravitate to the type of climbing that suits them. I have moved many times to suit the type of climbing I am into at the time.

The obvious reason I moved here is I love the type of mountaineering and pure adventure I find here,AND Canada. Let the clippers stay there ! (please)

I take it you won't argue with Left Side being over rated! My point about EW was that he left Squamish!

I just looked up that bit about the .14 and damn you're right. I was confused because the route next to it (14b/c)in the guidebook was called " a contender for Canada's hardest route" and it was put up by a WA climber!

Dru said:

All the cool aid climbers are TOTALLY on the Badge. Grand Wall is so last year. You should go do Under the Gun though. Take something to puncture duct tape with wink.gif

Hey I am an old guy (although not as old as Cairns, if he is who I think he is) so being so last year isn't so bad!

D