Bouldering Pad /Costco

richard_noggin

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ehmmic said:

Is this a "real" bouldering pad or just some foam?

Sorry for the dumb question, but since I'd never be caught dead with a bouldering pad, can you explain how a "real" bouldering pad differs from just some foam? Is it just the handles?

Dr_Flash_Amazing said:

JoshK said:

ehmmic said:

Sorry for the dumb question, but since I'd never be caught dead with a bouldering pad, can you explain how a "real" bouldering pad differs from just some foam? Is it just the handles?

Dumbass. You don't deserve an answer.

hahaha.gif

Dr_Flash_Amazing said:

JoshK said:

ehmmic said:

Thanks DFA. I've come to expect this from dear ol' Josh. the_finger.gif I think you know what I was asking.

ehmmic said:

Dr_Flash_Amazing said:

JoshK said:

ehmmic said:

Thanks DFA. I've come to expect this from dear ol' Josh. the_finger.gif I think you know what I was asking.

WTF? seriously, I was asking a question you too. I've never seen a bouldering pad closeup. I have no clue what they are made of and I don't boulder so I was curious what the difference was. ehmmic, what the hell have I done to you lately to get you to "expect this" from me? wazzup.gif

JoshK said:

ehmmic said:

Dr_Flash_Amazing said:

JoshK said:

ehmmic said:

WTF? seriously, I was asking a question you too. I've never seen a bouldering pad closeup. I have no clue what they are made of and I don't boulder so I was curious what the difference was. ehmmic, what the hell have I done to you lately to get you to "expect this" from me? wazzup.gif

Bouldering pads have lots of features. most are covered by some form of nylon or cordura, some have handles, some straps, some have little pieces of fabric where you can wipe the dirt off your shoes. I was wondering if it was really a bouldering pad or some other type of pad that costco is stocking that can be used as a bouldering pad. Since most quality pads cost $100 to start, the price lead me to ask the question.

What have you done lately? Nothing in particular. Based on past exchanges I just expect you to have an attitude and flip me shit when possible. Appologies if I read "punk" into your tone. I thought you were insinuating that my question was dumb and didn't appreciate it.

ehmmic said:

What have you done lately? Nothing in particular. Based on past exchanges I just expect you to have an attitude and flip me shit when possible. Appologies if I read "punk" into your tone. I thought you were insinuating that my question was dumb and didn't appreciate it.

I don't think I've ever flipped you shit!, but I dunno, maybe you remember better than I. smirk.gif No sarcasm intended, I was just curious.

But now that I know, it seems like an old matress would work awesome as a bouldering pad! thumbs_up.gifhahaha.gifcheeburga_ron.gifwave.giffruit.gifbigdrink.gif

richard_noggin said:

Yeah! All you MAT FAGS should be all over this one .

It measures 75 inches x 31 inches x 3.5 inches $28

I'm going to use mine for when I car pool and have to bivy at the crag.

BTW i got a new bumper sticker that will piss Sherman off boxing_smiley.gif

Bouldering is neither sport nor climbing yelrotflmao.gif

mat fags? save the homophobic name calling for inside your head only please, respect people thumbs_up.gif

What do you have against boulderers?

hey josh next time you go into a gear store, you know the stores where they sell CLIMBING GEAR, stop staring at the salesgirl's tits for a minute, and look around, maybe then you will actually be able to say you have laid eyes on a bouldering mat.

As for me, I've laid more than eyes on them smirk.gif

Dru said:

hey josh next time you go into a gear store, you know the stores where they sell CLIMBING GEAR, stop staring at the salesgirl's tits for a minute, and look around, maybe then you will actually be able to say you have laid eyes on a bouldering mat.

As for me, I've laid more than eyes on them smirk.gif

I've seen them lying around and shit, but wihtout inspecting them at all I failed to grasp what they offered over some foam padding.

and besides...

1.) I like staring at the salesgirl's tits. tits are nice to look at, and feel for that matter. a bouldering mat is niether nice to look at or feel. smileysex5.gifsmileysex5.gifyellaf.gif

2.) a bouldering mat is NOT climbing gear. It's a futon. moon.giffruit.gifwink.gif

scot'teryx said:

Just saw it tonight when I was at costco, not sure if I want to take a big fall on it or not, seems to be only one layer of very cushiony foam that seems to flatten with little weight

Has anyone tried these out yet?

For this price of this meTOOOLius thing:

http://www.rei.com/online/store/ProductDisplay?storeId=8000&catalogId=40000008000&productId=4190&parent_category_rn=11549378

you could buy a whole bunch of those costco ones and glue them together. thumbs_up.gifcantfocus.gif