BD Flicklock Approach Poles...

sverdina

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Contact BD directly and send it back to them. There's been lots of posts here about BD being really good about replacing broken stuff.

Make up a story about how it broke, if it's something really stupid that you did to break it, like (say) using it to jack up your car or something stupid like that. Tell 'em you fought off a grizzly or something. hellno3d.gif

JoshK said:

Shit, will they really replace broken poles? I snap a pole or two every season at least. I thought it was just part of being a pole...you break.

i thought so to. we seem to break a lot of poles every year in out house. until i shelled out for the BD poles i just never used to worry about it. Broke one this year....pretty new one...called BD and they took care of it NO PROB. thumbs_up.gif to BDs customer service.

sverdina said:

Snapped lower shaft of said poles. Any suggestions as to how to go about getting that one shaft replaced? Tried REI...they offered to inquire with BD (no word yet). Also had repair dept. dude check their misc. used parts bin...nuthin'. Thoughts?

call BD direct. they've sent me two, no charge

gapertimmy said:

iain, what issues did you have with skins that required them to be returned?

on two separate sets of skins, the glue was balling up and sticking to the ski when I pulled the skin off. It got to the point that I was scared to go touring more than a few miles in fear I would lose all adhesion and would have to duct tape the things on the ski (these were the "standard" skins). Not only did they send me replacement standard skins, they also sent me a wide set of clipfix skins. thumbs_up.gif

As for the whippets, I really like having them. They definitely are not as burly as an axe for stopping but those steep icy traverses with really bad runouts are psychologically easier with a whippet. Great for those ski searches where you have to glass ravines and stuff, which tend to funnel lost people in, etc.

iain said:

also nice to have the whippet tops when you have to set your poles down on steep icy stuff to de-skin, re-skin, or pack the skis. They're kindof expensive at retail though.

Yeah, i got my whippet through a pro deal and I like the added security of having it. Also, you can pull some sweet dry tool moves with it when you are out skiing through choss.

Old_Man said:

Been looking for a lightweight reasonably compact 2 or 3 section pole... anyone recommend a model? Doesn't need to be tough.... got lots of them. Looking for a lighter pole to use on longer climbs.

Gracias!

I seem to recall that Climb High (UK) makes a 3-section model that packs down to about 60 cm. Go here.

rbw1966 said:

I broke the portions of my flintlock poles on three different occasions. On each occasion I called BD and they repleced the broken section gratis. thumbs_up.gif

I must be an idiot confused.gif, I stepped on the bottom of my pole last winter and just assumed it was my fault and not bd's.

Went to FF and they ordered me a new bottom section, cost ~$20 I think. I have the expedition poles so the replacement actually came with both the middle and bottom sections. anybody wanna buy a middle section ?