SEATTLE AREA BBQ

Dave_Schuldt

OK, I called the city, they want $20 sent to them. There might not be unough time to get things set up with them. I will call Tues to see if anyone has reserved a shelter. If one is reserved we can set up on the south side of the park. Bring grills, lawn chairs and folding tables. The south siide is out of the way of where the cops would drive by, it is , however, a longer walk from the car and there would be no firees. THERE WILL BE MORE PEOPLE THIS TIME SO BE CARFULL WITH THE BEER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pour it into other containers before you get there. I suggest Thursday the 19th. Starting around 5pm. Bring kids, frisbees, dogs boats, swimsuits and food. Directions from I5, get off at 65th street and drive east straight into the park. From SR 520 get off at Montlake, go north and bear east past the athletic fields on to Sand Point way stay with Sand Point as it turns north, go right at 65th into park. Bikers use the Burke Gilman trail to 65th. Our exact location will be posted later. Show your support and suggestions by posting on this thread. We had about 30 of us in May bigdrink.gifgrin.gifcheeburga_ron.gifevils3d.gifHCL.gifrockband.gifsnaf.gifthe_finger.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifmushsmile.gifmushsmile.gifmushsmile.gifmushsmile.gifwave.gifyelrotflmao.giffruit.giffruit.gif

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look again, Greg. Dave tried to bury that most important piece of information in his text.

The date he suggested is Thursday, June 19.

Kiwi: what you have to eat at the BBQ is largely up to you. At the last one, it was mainly burgers, bratwurst, and the like (standard BBQ fare), but there were those who brought their own steaks, etc.

There was ample selection of side-dishes; stuff like cole slaw, pototo salad, and chips/salsa.

OK GAPERS, I THREW DOWN $100 TO RESERVE SHELTER #1, THE SAME ONE WE HAD LAST TIME. It's next to the boat ramp. It has a fire place and grils. Power is 200' away.

This Thursday!!!

Can someone post the sign Thursday morning? I can drop it off at your place or make other arangements, mattp? Call me at 547-2633.

BE THERE OR BE SQUARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We need food, charcoal and stoves.

Also a few $ to help with the cost would be nice.

I'll pitch in a few bucks and also bring some store-bought 'slaw and potato salad. Maybe even some forks if I remember.

And Minx, maybe I could sample some of that cherry-rhubarb pie of yours at the BBQ. grin.gifcheeburga_ron.gif

Edited by Paco

Thanks, Dave. If I am at pubclub tomorrow night, you can hand off the sign then though last time I posted it when I got there to set up for the event. Lets hope it is nice on Thursday -- we were robbed of our great Mt. Rainier view last time.

thelawgoddess said:

umm ... i like bbq's. but not in the rain! you got a different forecast than the one i saw on the news this morning? what's wrong with the usual pub club night of the week?

What's the world coming to? Puget Sound native complaining about the weather not being up to snuff when the forecast is only for a few showers? smirk.gif

Aren't we PNW climbers? Can't we handle a little moisture adversity? The BBQ will be mostly under a shelter like last time.