OMG major nerd alert LOL

Dru

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it can be fun... like a tresure hunt... well it is a tresure hunt... I ran into some people searching for one of these late in 01' and I resurched it, almost got into it... still might... I wonder if there are any restrictions on difeculty, like, uh, put one up by the summit of the north sister... that would make it a little more interesting...

I found one of their "caches" on Cap Sante Head in Anacortes last year. It had all sorts of wacky stuff, plastic toys, rocks, souvenir things, yellowsleep.gif

and a notebook with entries of those who had found it. rolleyes.gif

I left them a little the_finger.gif, goddam GPS Geek_em8.gif

I found a cache quite by accident on Mt. Si. I was bouldering on the haystack and found a plastic container with the cache momentos and a wooden box that held some ashes. Must have been someones pet.

The cache held a notebook, plastic toys, beer coasters, matches and the like.

moon.gif

actually my secret fetish involves small woodland creatures, but i digress.

geocaching is plab, and it yield some fun adventures to prior unkown regions (secret crags) and i've met some plab folks here in bend through it as well. and i got mad gps skills now Geek_em8.gif

ScottP said:

I agree with GT...I have seen some places I otherwise never would have while learning how to use my receiver. My 4 year old son gets a big kick out of going on the "treasure hunts."

werd, the lil tykes love that stuff, its like playign indiana jones and sheat, and teaches them how to use map and compass which isn't half bad. Yeah i've been to some very dope spots in central/eastern oregon, places i thought that there wasn't anything, i guess that is "central oregon culture"... wandering aroudn the desert and cutting up ones knees on lava rocks.