Recent Beta for Boston Basin/Forbidden/North Ridge

BELAYTHIS

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BELAYTHIS said:

Where were you able to see them from? Were you able to see if any of the ridges were clean of snow yet?

It's old info. I'd bet a lot has fallen off. My guess is a nice hike in next weekend might make a good scouting.

I saw them from the west near Razorback Mountain with binocs. I cant say for sure what it was like. Only what it appeared to be.

BELAYTHIS said:

Winter? Officially, No. Why would you need to ask if it still winter?

I bet it would make a good winter route. Possibly easiest route technically to the summit but offering more length, commmitment and exercise. NOt sure what Joe Retard thinks. I've not done it but it looks like it would be the route doable under most seasons. Wet rock might make it interesting this time of year but maybe not cantfocus.gif

Cpt.Caveman said:

dalius said:

BELAYTHIS said:

Winter? Officially, No. Why would you need to ask if it still winter?

He probably asks because it is still freakin' winter up on the high mountains. A very late lingering winter.

Duh smirk.gif

Next time I climb in May or June and encounter winter like conditions, might as well beat my chest and announce another winter ascent.

Let's summit Rainier during inclement weather around spring time and post our winter trip report.

Joe

I was scoping out Eldorado on Tuesday. About 18" of new unconsolidated snow from 5000' up (prob fell last weekend.) I'd heard it was as much as three feet up high. Saw lots of evidence of spontaneous slides... prob more so now with the recent heatwave. From memory, Forbidden looked white tipped (but then I wasn't specifically scouting that out.)

Go forth, climb and report back mushsmile.gif