leavenworth 5.7-8 recommendations?

gregm

a.) can anyone recommend some nice 5.7 or 5.8 (but not hard or sustained 5.8) multipitch trad out at leavenworth and preferably not too close to the road?

b.) can you tell me exactly how to find and climb it because i just called FF and they said there is a new guide book coming out in about a month and i won't find the old one anywheres.

or c.) can i borrow your leavenworth book? (u-dist / sand point area)

tia

g

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That ain't no 5.9, and besides the guidebook says you can avoid that part.

But anyway, how about the first three pitches of the Regular Route at Careno? You could probably do the first pitch pretty easily if you yard at the first hard spot then take the chimney/corner on the left instead of the steep bolted face that goes right.

Careno Corners on the same crag (duh) is easy too but pretty dirty and unfun smile.gif.

There's some rock called Planet of the Eights with a whole bunch of 5.8 pitches (Dave Shuldt recommended this one to me), but it's not multipitch.

richard_noggin said:

erik said:

GREG U CAN BORROW MY BOOK I WILL BE OVER THERE TONITE...

Is like ,come here want some candy little girl? HCL.gif

You have just been trolled wave.gif

BAKE U CONFUSE ME SOMETIME!!!

I WANT MY TREKKING POLE!!!!!!1 AND MY GUIDE BOOK!!!

BAKER

I WOULD LET YOU BORROW ANY OF MY GUIDE BOOKS, THAT ACTUALLY GOES FOR ANYONE........

AND I AM SORRY THAT I CANNOT ENTERTAIN YOUR HOMOEROTIC FANTASIES, I HAVE ENOUGHT WIMMIN TO DEAL WITH A COUPLE OF GUYS WOULD JUST MESS IT UP....

the_finger.gifhahaha.gif

Another vote for Givler's Crack. Fun, fun, fun. 200 feet of easy jamming after the face-climbing crux. Belay on top of the flake (short 1st pitch). There's another 5.8 nearby, at Alphabet Wall or whatever, but it's one pitch, right off the road, and hard for 5.8.

Alex said:

gregm said:

a.) can anyone recommend some nice 5.7 or 5.8 and preferably not too close to the road?

Canary on Castle Rock

The Fault/Catapult on Lower Castle Rock

The Fault/Catapult/Midway/Midway Direct goes straight up the side of Castle Rock in four interesting pitches of 5.6/5.8/5.5/5.6. But it is right beside the road.

erik said:

THERE IS A BOLTED LINE 5.SUPER EASY TO THE RIGHT OF THE DYKE THERE NOW ON THE 1ST TIER

ON THE 2ND TIER IS A NEWLY BOLTED .9 ARETE AS WELL AS THE .7 CHIM ROUTE.

I saw the bolted route on the first tier. Did not try it. Looks like 5.8-5.9? I top roped the bolted arete route on the second tier. It felt like a stiff 5.9 or even a 5.10a, but what do I know? E-rock said he though it was 5.10b. Anyway, it was super fun. I never got to the third tier.

Fish Wall by Duty Dome has a mixed 5.9 called "Sardine Routine" which is cool, and a few other routes worth checking out, but a few are bolted

Also "April Mayhem" and "Sonic Boom" at Trundle Dome are fun, both are mixed as well, but fun. There is also a 5.8 fingercrack lieback and flake route on the same wall there on the far left. None of these are multi, but fun nonetheless

dryad said:

Here's another vote for Givlers.

Hey catbird, what was that funky route we did on Bathtub Dome?

Givlers is awsome smile.gif and truely not dificult if you are used to nice hand size cracks. When we were packing up to leave some older guy showed up and free soloed the whole thing. It is BEAUTY grin.gif