Who sent what?

Distel32

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Still 18 for a couple more months and haven't even been climbing a year. Onsighting mid-upper 10's and bouldering V5. The conversion for bouldering to sport is not even comparable though. They say that v5 should be like 11d or 12a? something like that. But I've been on a few upper 11's and would consider them much easier than v5. They don't take as much strength and usually aren't sustained.

With ropes most 11's are a couple 11 moves and then 10 or 9. With bouldering it's usually 18ft of more than the steepest part of a roped climb. It's essentially the crux and then some. I have gotten a lot into the mental side of climbing and I climb outdoors every weekend. I'm not quite sure where the plastic figures into it, I just use it as training to get stronger. Same as a marathon runner running before a race, it's training.

I wish I could do more trad but I don't yet feel comfortable on my gear placements and don't have a rack, so I need people to go with. But I go sport and bouldering every chance I get because it's easy and that is what most of my friends do.

I'm going on a month road trip this summer strictly to climb, so we'll see how Rumr's predictions hold up, but I hope to just be climbing at a higher level than I am now.

Distel wave.gif

Distel32 said:

They say that v5 should be like 11d or 12a? something like that. But I've been on a few upper 11's and would consider them much easier than v5. They don't take as much strength and usually aren't sustained.

fuckin climbing grades aint very consistent youngster. i could send you to some places where v4s would buck you off. but so what. numbers aint shit. or is it the numbers are aid?

Distel32 said:

Then let's go climbing Alpine!!!!! I don't know why you haven't responded every time I say that. Let's get out there and you can ropegun for me!? Show me you're the real deal!!!! thumbs_up.gif

He's busy w/ that sit start!! Can't get his butt off the ground, but that's all good...that way he won't trash his knees... hahaha.gifhahaha.gifhahaha.gif

Kurt, I agree about the sit starts, but I have been bouldering for 15 years, am 41 years, and, sure my knees creak a little, but the attention, adeptness and focus needed for a highball landing keeps one lithe like the cat, my man.

wave.gif

Fence_Sitter said:

who cares?!?! if they have fun like that...more power to em... its all about fun...as soon as you start to take yourself too seriously, you are losing the war brotha... bigdrink.gif

Amen!!

Your kid in your profile pic?

Edited by RuMR

slothrop said:

Distel32 said:

Spend the next ten years becoming a good climber, then talk trash. Sucker.

I guess you missed AlpineK's slides of the Cassin Ridge. rolleyes.gif

yelrotflmao.gif

In your face sucka smirk.gif

Methink Kurt's done most of the notable climbs around here, plus stuff like the Cassin and the north face of Robson, and all from a sitting start in the car!

RuMR said:

Fence_Sitter said:

who cares?!?! if they have fun like that...more power to em... its all about fun...as soon as you start to take yourself too seriously, you are losing the war brotha... bigdrink.gif

Amen!!

Your kid in your profile pic?

RUMR

I DONT THINK WE WANT THAT TO OCCUR. THERE IS ENOUGH OF FENCE SHITTER'S GENES AS IT IS.

hahaha.gif

Distel32 said:

Still 18 for a couple more months and haven't even been climbing a year. Onsighting mid-upper 10's and bouldering V5. The conversion for bouldering to sport is not even comparable though. They say that v5 should be like 11d or 12a? something like that. But I've been on a few upper 11's and would consider them much easier than v5. They don't take as much strength and usually aren't sustained.

With ropes most 11's are a couple 11 moves and then 10 or 9. With bouldering it's usually 18ft of more than the steepest part of a roped climb.

I wish I could do more trad but I don't yet feel comfortable on my gear placements and don't have a rack, so I need people to go with .

Dude, you gotta lot to learn.

YOU need to try a few more 5.11's before you make such bold statements..... of course maybe your another superfreak sharma....

Sit-starts are a good way to get your ass dirty.

do em only when there is no other way to to do the BP

As for bouldering V-scale; what a dumb way to add more stupidity to a already stupid past-time....although I love bouldering and will do it every chance i can not go "real rock-climbing"; sherman should've never made-up a stupid alternative to the B-scale.

as for trad-

go buy some friends and sell your pad!

bigdrink.gif

YEAH MOTHER F'ERS LUKE IS ONE CHILL MOFO!!

HE GOT ME ON THE BOLDERING KICK AND I LOVE IT!! THO I STILL LOVE THE BOG STONE MORE!!!!! BUT THEY COMPLIMENT EACH OTHER QUITE WELL. BOULDERING IS GREAT FOR POWER AND PURE MOVEMENT, WHERE TRAD TEACHES ME THE MENTAL AND ENDURANCE ASPECT NEEDED....AND ALL THE ABOVE ARE REQUIRED TO BE A WELL ROUNDED CLIMBER...

DISTEL HIT ME UP AND WE WILL GO HIT THE BIG STONE!!!

DETRACTORS CAN the_finger.gif

Szyjakowski said:

RuMR said:

I think he understands what you are saying as he has repeatedly asked to be taken out trad climbing. I'm still not sure why everyone's ripping him a new one for bouldering?? WTF, he's having fun w/ it...

i didn't rip in too him... i ripped into SHERMAN! fruit.gif

According to what i gather you are saying, we oughta just do away w/ all ratings then?!?! smirk.gif

and i fail to see how bouldering is a "stupid" pastime.