Hood Bergschrund

Ursa_Eagle

Just a heads up:

the bergschrund is open now, not very wide, but prolly not jumpable anymore. The snow bridge we crossed on Sunday felt really unstable (snow was really soft), and we decided not to bring all our newbies across. I'll have more info from when I'm up there again tomorrow.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just trying to give a heads up because this is the time of year that people will start asking about conditions. We were in a white out with 20 foot visibility on Sunday, so that's why I said I'd give more info after tomorrow (hopefully have better visibility and more info.)

Winter said:

Christ we should just get the sherpas to build as a ladder bridge at the beginning of the year and then we'd all be safe.

Sorry I am unable to comply with your request. Too busy with natural disasters in the rest of the world. grin.gif

iain said:

to simply say it's open or not is not enough. I demand a measurement in centimeters how wide it is on a daily basis, and what is the overall load capacity of the snowbridge

The shrund dilatation has reached 900cm. Shes gonna pop a puppy any minute now.

skyclimb,

you're lying about that bergshrund, and i advise that you quit tyring to minimize the hazzard presented by such a problem. i was up there today on a training run, and the bergschrund was definately a problem for any climber. the wind wasn't as strong as you say, either, so quit trying to boost up your ego by lying again.

Dan

cheeburga_ron.gifcheeburga_ron.gifcheeburga_ron.gifcheeburga_ron.gifcheeburga_ron.gif

===

Sorry...skyclimb. i tired to do this, but even though i posted it...i just couldn't keep the post up without this edit. guess it's just not me to call someone i don't know, a lyer (without rock solid evidence, that is).

good job on your climb. at least you were out doing sumthun, while i was frigg'ing slacking here in front of my puter. congrats, and way to fight through that front coming that was headed your way! wish i had been there with ya.

nuf said.

yp

Edited by youngprofessor