Pub Club, 4/29

chelle

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah right....

it is some other place then seattles turn...

ole shitcowski and myself have come up there a bunch....

you people whine about what part of town it is in...pffft.

you are all sport climbers as drinkers!!!!!

I heard a BIG rumor that it was Tacoma's turn...ain't that right, Erik and Szyjakowski! Back in the day, even MattP, ehmmic, v, Alpine K, jules, Beck and many other Seattle-area big-shots and pube-club regulars used to come down to T-town for a change of pace....it would be sad to think that they have succumbed to the laziness of the quick-draw. "Take!", they yell, because the traditional word "Tension!" has too many syllables, yet "pink point" is just as complex as the word "disgrace". So, prove me wrong....get in your car and start driving south.

- drunk Dwayner bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif

allison said:

You Tacomans are welcome to have a Pub Club whenever you want...just don't expect to get a big turnout! hahaha.gif

the 1st pub club was in tacoma....wheres your roots??

you state this just like a typical seattle-lite

this just reinforces my sportclimber metaphor!!

Actually, Erik, the roots of Pub Club reach back further, to the very first called gathering of the Cascade Climbers "we're drinking now" Pub Club, on Poverty Rock back in the summer of 2001. And it hasn't been back since.

Tuesday, I've got a gear clinic till 8:30ish, I might get a wild hair to drive south, but my newspaper goes to the printer weds AM, so maybe not.

Ok, Beck came up with the idea. He drank beer with 2 guys on MI one week before we had a Pub Club in T-town.

I remember the Pub Club in Tacoma. I drove down with Dr J and met up with Erik, Wallstien(Sp?), Dwayner, and a few other folks.

Anyway either we drink in Tacoma or the Ballroom. Dave's oppinion doesn't count since he doesn't drive, and getting him to pitch in for gass would be like pulling teeth.

I'm not sure a poll would be fair since it would be tyrany of the majority (Ballard).

I'm into Tacoma if all the Tacoma folk are into it and some of the regulars from Seattle are into it.

So.......

minx said:

what about the poor forgotten eastside?

Good point

Have their really been any eastside pubclubs in the last 9 months?

There might be a completely new mix of folks that post who would show up?

___

PS? Is the index tavern ever gonna reopen- Now the neverending index rainouts end with a drive home.