Oregon weekend

sketchfest

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ryland_moore said:

Heading to Rainier to ski, pull sleds, and throw myself into creavsses on the Cowlitz with sleds. ANyone got a cabin out in eastern Oregon or in the Blue Mountains? We need to have a cc.com get together down here instead of it always being up by WA Pass and yodelerville!

Two weeks ago i posted about fifty times for a partner on Elkhorn peak. Where are you at friend????? mushsmile.gif

i had the pleasure of climbing with diestel32 and he saw just how much i suxoor. he is a fine young lad, the future of WA Climbing.

this weekend:

fri - wandering the desert east of bend in search of the sacred crag of HC

sat - wanking

sunday working and skiing freshiez of course

I'm going to get in my truck and drive east for 8 hours or until sunshine is found, which ever comes first. If sunshine is not found in 8 hours to the east I'll turn right and head south for 6 hours or until sunshine is found.

At this point I'll stop, get out of the truck and ask the next person I see, 'where can I get a beer?' bigdrink.gif

Sat. - all day meeting into bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif

Sun. - Morning hike into housework.

Yeee Haawww!!

Anyone go to the Banff file festival? I saw it on Wed. night and there was a pretty sick video of Will Gadd on some M28 with about a fifty foot roof onto a thin icicle. His buddy had been working it for like months and then almost sends it. He goes to pull over the roof, gets his picks in the ice and then takes a big whipper because a 20 lb chunk broke off into his gut. Nice.

Yeah, too bad the Eugene Banff FF sucked this year! They had too many cultural films and not a single adrenaline film, unless you count Front Range Freaks buildering film adrenaline. Not a single rock, ice, or mountaineering film. All about Tibetan kids, women in the Karakoram, and 15 year old skaters, who although rad, were a little boring after 5 minutes. Wish I had seen the one in Bend or Portland.

Winter said:Anyone go to the Banff file festival? I saw it on Wed. night and there was a pretty sick video of Will Gadd on some M28 with about a fifty foot roof onto a thin icicle. His buddy had been working it for like months and then almost sends it. He goes to pull over the roof, gets his picks in the ice and then takes a big whipper because a 20 lb chunk broke off into his gut. Nice.

I missed most of the 1st half - but Musashi was cool! The Norwegian KiteSkiing film was cool too - a nice pick up after the slightly overlong French rescue piece.

Winter said:

Actuall yeah, I thought most of it was a little ... uhhh ... cotemplative. But there were a few good pieces. The Kite Skiing was kick ass, but that guy looked a like fool in the air. Lear an Iron Cross jackass!!

I thought a pink tutu would have been nice for his aerial portions.

Ursa_Eagle said:

I went Wed and Thurs. Yeah, they could have had fewer sappy videos. I thought the Denali documentary was pretty damn funny though. Thursday had a sweet kayaking video, made me want to ship my boat out here from MA. Hood River has the festival tonight, tomorrow, and Sunday...

Depending on the 'yak isn't it just cheaper to buy a new one - or at least a not quite as much of a playboat slightly used one? Common Carrier ain't cheap.