question regarding Topo! CD-ROMs

savaiusini

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I haven't tried but it seems that if you can save them as a print file you should be able to convert them or upload them. If not, print one, scan it, save as a .jpg and go from there. Don't you love these CD-ROMs! They are the best way to go IMHO. Have you tried the untearable, waterproof paper yet?

I work with a guy who prints every friggin email he gets. We work as a team so I get the same emails.

But he's disorganized so he can't find the hard copies 3 or 4 days later. He then asks me to print him ANOTHER copy of a given email so he can act on it. Drives me up the wall.

<rant>

i fucking hate printers, and i hate people who print out sensless shit. you know who you are.

</rant>

if you export would it show your tracks waypoints etc?

you could always go ghetto mode and take a screen shot, not as much fun as a freshie face shot, but still might werk

I bought the software, burned a copy of it, then returned it. This left me with two problems- one, I'm obviously going to hell, and two, I'm without a manual. I Haven't tried to print a map yet, and I'm fearful that I would waste a large amount of ink in trials. So whats the dilly yo? Will printing work with any kind of inkjet printer, or do you have to have a super-high quality one?

It'll work with any inkjet, but the better the printer, the better the result. There is no excuse for using a shitty printer these days. You can get a photo quality Epson 820 for less than $95. It's not fast, but it prints great pics and maps.

iain said:

Billygoat said:

print one, scan it, save as a .jpg and go from there.

yellaf.gif maybe mail it to yourself a few times too. that's like my coworkers who print out emails to read, or print out webpages that they want me to correct.

I did that and could only get it to print in B&W. Still haven't figured out how to get it in Color. Let me know if you figure it out.

JoshK said:

It'll work with any inkjet, but the better the printer, the better the result. There is no excuse for using a shitty printer these days. You can get a photo quality Epson 820 for less than $95. It's not fast, but it prints great pics and maps.

What, are you kidding me? Do you REALIZE how much beer $95 buys!?