Didja go to Smith Rocks this weekend?

ChocChick

Did anyone go to Smiff this weekend? Was it crowded? How was the weather? Where'd you camp? Are the car break-ins still a problem?

I am heading off for a week at Smiff next week and just curious how things are shaping up there.

Looking forward to the climbing, camping and Black Butte Porter! laugh.gifbigdrink.gif

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Szyjakowski said:

fuk no...skied the last weekend at the pass and now iam goin up for the last yoyo access for the year. yippie! the ski season if finally "over" bigdrink.gif

ski season is far from over homey

re: smiff

i ended up having to drive my wife to eugene to that shit hole known as U of O so she could take some test, burned my saturday doing that.

the weather has been very unsettled in central oregon, like jk said, hail, rain, thunder, snow, you name it.

the upcoming week calls for a bit of the same, not as bad as this weekend though, but after this week, its looking like summer will come very quickly.

timmay

Tim howd' ya like our little thunder storm saturday afternoon... we almoust got struck, we heard the lighting break the air right in frontof us as it blinded our eyes, and then the thunder deffened us... pretty intence stuff, since we don't get many storms like that on this side of the mountains...

eugene was an interesting spot on saturday for sure. it did seem alot like east side weather. i love thunderstorms, but have a great respect for them, i grew up in dallas, tx for 10 years so i got to see a bunch of fatties down there.

waiting for 2 hours on the U of O campus for wife to get finished provided me with some wonderful people watching though.

gapertimmy said:

eugene was an interesting spot on saturday for sure. it did seem alot like east side weather. i love thunderstorms, but have a great respect for them, i grew up in dallas, tx for 10 years so i got to see a bunch of fatties down there.

waiting for 2 hours on the U of O campus for wife to get finished provided me with some wonderful people watching though.

Hell, I woulda bought ya a beer... campus is a great place to people watch, all walks of life... bigdrink.gif

Edited by Fejas

Just returned from a week at Smith. During the week it's paradise, with most any route open to do. Did many of the classics again and lots of new moderates as well.

The crowds weren't that bad and the weather was purrrrrfect for sending. Stayed at the HUB for just a few nickles. I'm going down again for another week at teh end of the month, but I'll be camping then.

GO SEND

Yes, I went to Smith this weekend as well. Got spanked on a hard crack, I did. I also saw some canadian dude named Dru down there with a sidekick going by jk wandering through the masses. Late yesterday even experienced a little thunder, lightening, and BB sized hail. Watched a little sporto betty provide great entertainment as she discovered heresy is a water spout whilst trying to retrieve her draws.

smiff was cool

Squaw Rock has an overhanging line of huecos on north face

DFA could fly in and bolt it

i saw 3 daed deer skeletons but no cougar

jk and i cranked

thanks to tex for brrito scoring beta HCL.gif

in ventura now

off to J tree

then hookup with Layton in RR

snow an wet in Yos madgo_ron.gif m never gonna climb in yos madgo_ron.gif

the amount of gossip this web site generates is unbelievabl

have fun at work tweakers! the_finger.gifsnaf.gifthe_finger.gifsnaf.gif

I spent Friday night/Saturday at Smith. The weather was questionable but held out with only a few sprinkles.

I was suprised at how crowded it was despite the poor weather forecast. Most moderate routes at the Dihedrals and Morning Glory were taken, but we didn't have to wait too long to get on.